2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Good hire by Pruitt . Looks like he is putting together some good recruiters as well.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
He would be a fool to leave Florida.
Especially for the Bungles.
Some point out the extra work involved in college sports with recruiting that you don't really have in pro sports as a big reason to leave.

Also, if they are willing to offer a bigger compensation package, I'm sure that factors into things. He's currently at $1.4 Million here - not sure what the same position in pros would be.

Then there's location - Florida vs. Ohio. I think that part certainly works in our favor.
Some more info HERE for those interested.....

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Some point out the extra work involved in college sports with recruiting that you don't really have in pro sports as a big reason to leave.

Also, if they are willing to offer a bigger compensation package, I'm sure that factors into things. He's currently at $1.4 Million here - not sure what the same position in pros would be.

Then there's location - Florida vs. Ohio. I think that part certainly works in our favor.
Some more info HERE for those interested.....
The Bengals are a notoriously cheap organization. I'm curious how much they're willing to pay.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I would like to see Coach Grantham stay. But if he doesn't, I'm confident we will hire another highly qualified DC and life will go on.

This situation is happening early enough in the year to have the least amount of impact on our season ahead.

I'd also add that many (if not all) of our players - especially since Coach Mullen was hired - have come together in a very tightly knit group and we actually have leaders on the team who are very proactive in boosting morale and injecting an 'all for one and one for all' type of atmosphere.

As a fan, I just want to see the product on the field. I don't have to tell any Alabama fan how satisfying it is to see a dominate defense.

We have a very strong coaching staff and a great head coach and players and regardless of what happens, we will be fine.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Personally, I think Grantham is an idiot coach and you'll be fine. It don't take a genius to run engage eight like its EA Sports NCAA Football

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Looks like the other football dynasty is going through some changes . This article could apply to Bama if you just change the coach names
In what can only be described as an absolute gutting of their coaching staff this offseason, the reining Super Bowl champs have seen another assistant walk out the door. According to the Daily Chronicle in Illinois, now former Patriots coaching assistant Atif Austin has signed on to be the running backs coach at Northern Illinois. Austin was with the Patriots for just the 2018 season, but was seemingly in the running for a promotion with all the coaching turnover.

While the Patriots should be able find another coaching assistant without a problem, it's just the latest in what has been a mass exodus of coaches this offseason.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.