2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Wednesday, it was reported that former Arizona head coach and ex-Oklahoma defensive coordinator Mike Stoops is expected to take on an off-field role at Alabama as some type of defensive analyst/consultant.

The same day, another report emerged in which Major Applewhite is expected to interview for an analyst job with the Crimson Tide at some point this week.

Butch Jones had the opportunity to join Locksley for an on-field role with the Terrapins, but has reportedly decided to remain with the Tide.

Additionally, it was reported earlier this month that former Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood would be taking over as the Tide’s offensive line coach.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Wednesday, it was reported that former Arizona head coach and ex-Oklahoma defensive coordinator Mike Stoops is expected to take on an off-field role at Alabama as some type of defensive analyst/consultant. The same day, another report emerged in which Major Applewhite is expected to interview for an analyst job with the Crimson Tide at some point this week.
Already reported

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Sure it wasn't the Germans?

(Having spent the last 6 days suffering with a really nasty flu....................I wonder if some other folks have it and don't realize it. Might explain some of the stuff I am getting caught up on.)

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Sure it wasn't the Germans?

(Having spent the last 6 days suffering with a really nasty flu....................I wonder if some other folks have it and don't realize it. Might explain some of the stuff I am getting caught up on.)
Did you get the flu vaccine?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Did you get the flu vaccine?
No, never do. I get a bad reaction to them. (Last flu I had was '96, and it took over a month to get better.)

Mrs. C did. She is the one who gave it to me, and she had it a lot worse. She says there are reports a lot of the other school districts are seeing more than 25% absentee rates, with some schools approaching 50%.

Hope that answers your question.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
No, never do. I get a bad reaction to them. (Last flu I had was '96, and it took over a month to get better.)

Mrs. C did. She is the one who gave it to me, and she had it a lot worse. She says there are reports a lot of the other school districts are seeing more than 25% absentee rates, with some schools approaching 50%.

Hope that answers your question.
I was just wondering because about five years ago I got the vaccine, but still got the flu and was sick for about a week. Some years it has limited coverage.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I was just wondering because about five years ago I got the vaccine, but still got the flu and was sick for about a week. Some years it has limited coverage.
The vaccines you get for the flu do not guarantee you won't get the flu immediately after. If you do get the flu immediately after, you were already carrying it.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The vaccines you get for the flu do not guarantee you won't get the flu immediately after. If you do get the flu immediately after, you were already carrying it.
Yes. It actually takes about 2 weeks to build up your immunity.

(not directed toward you) That said, every flu vaccine is limited. Very limited. It's just that in some years they make better educated guesses as to what strains will be circulating 9 months hence than in other years. Until it hits there's no way to know how effective the vaccine will be that year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes. It actually takes about 2 weeks to build up your immunity.

(not directed toward you) That said, every flu vaccine is limited. Very limited. It's just that in some years they make better educated guesses as to what strains will be circulating 9 months hence than in other years. Until it hits there's no way to know how effective the vaccine will be that year.
I think that, because of egg adaptations, last year's, for a number of reasons, didn't even make 20%. I was aware of it and took extra precautions. This year, the match is better, but it never approaches 100% and so much is dependent on the individual immune system, there will never be guarantees. What you hear over and over is "I got a flu shot and then got the worst case of flu I ever had. I'll never get another one." Well, OK then...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I think that, because of egg adaptations, last year's, for a number of reasons, didn't even make 20%. I was aware of it and took extra precautions. This year, the match is better, but it never approaches 100% and so much is dependent on the individual immune system, there will never be guarantees. What you hear over and over is "I got a flu shot and then got the worst case of flu I ever had. I'll never get another one." Well, OK then...
Last year's was one of the worst ever in terms of efficacy. The one or two years prior was one of the best. You just never know, but unless you have a real and true contraindication to the flu vaccine it's still better to take it. (I know you know this) The "I'll never get another" line you reference is akin to denying one's self the added safety of crush zones, airbags, or anti lock brakes because of a bad accident. They are each limited in what they can do for you but better to have them than not, IMHO.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Some years it has limited coverage.
It always has limited coverage. Nature of the beast.

It is about the same as guessing who will win the next CFBCG based on...............well, whatever the guess is based on.

(See..................brought it back to subject!)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.