2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

JP hires Tee Martin. Early word is he'll be WR coach, but that position is currently filled.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

JP hires Tee Martin. Early word is he'll be WR coach, but that position is currently filled.
Smart move by JP, if for no other reason just the PR side of it and how it will undoubtedly be popular among the orange nation.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003

This move has Fulmer written all over it, now he’s got his guy to replace JP whenever he wants.

Last edited:

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015

Ugh. Why does my Alma Mater have to keep hiring Auburn guys? I had to stomach having Blakeney there for several years, and I will admit he did a really good job with them. I was glad to have Neal Brown in that spot. He did really well also. But I would have preferred not going the Auburn route again.
Troy is Auburn lite

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

Ugh. Why does my Alma Mater have to keep hiring Auburn guys? I had to stomach having Blakeney there for several years, and I will admit he did a really good job with them. I was glad to have Neal Brown in that spot. He did really well also. But I would have preferred not going the Auburn route again.
I didn't go to Troy, my husband did, but I live here and feel the same way. We loved Neal Brown and his staff. They changed Troy football for the better and brought them out of what I considered a dreadful fog. Blakeney was great for a while, but he hung around way too long. Neal is taking some of our best friends with him to WVU, so we just became de facto WVU fans! haha! I'm gonna have to see a year of Chip Lindsay led Trojan football before we decide to buy our season tickets again and jump onboard. I've also heard that his wife has had disparaging things to say about Troy in the past--so I automatically don't like her...LOL!! Neal just had such an amazing family atmosphere here. It just felt right, ya know? So, for us who were close to the program through relationships with coaches, we are very sad.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

I didn't go to Troy, my husband did, but I live here and feel the same way. We loved Neal Brown and his staff. They changed Troy football for the better and brought them out of what I considered a dreadful fog. Blakeney was great for a while, but he hung around way too long. Neal is taking some of our best friends with him to WVU, so we just became de facto WVU fans! haha! I'm gonna have to see a year of Chip Lindsay led Trojan football before we decide to buy our season tickets again and jump onboard. I've also heard that his wife has had disparaging things to say about Troy in the past--so I automatically don't like her...LOL!! Neal just had such an amazing family atmosphere here. It just felt right, ya know? So, for us who were close to the program through relationships with coaches, we are very sad.
I'm not high on Lindsay at all!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Rumor out on the twittishpere is that the Cowboys May be interested in the newly minted Georgia offensive Coordinator Coley. Karma? , since they are laughing at the Alabama coaching turnover while they are still looking for a defensive coordinator, and their offensive coordinator left for a rival. If Coley leaves , Kirby would have to hire a second offensive coordinator of the offseason . Now that would be funny!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Rumor out on the twittishpere is that the Cowboys May be interested in the newly minted Georgia offensive Coordinator Coley. Karma? , since they are laughing at the Alabama coaching turnover while they are still looking for a defensive coordinator, and their offensive coordinator left for a rival. If Coley leaves , Kirby would have to hire a second offensive coordinator of the offseason . Now that would be funny!
Maybe one of them will take a pic of their recruiting board and put it on a billboard on I-75

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

This is beyond 2019, but watching the NFL playoffs. They showed a stat that for the first time in history , the top four scoring offenses were playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl!
With that , it’s probably the reason the Cardinals took a chance on Kliff Kingsbury. Looking for the next big thing. I’m wondering how long before someone offers a fleet of Brinks trucks to Lincoln Riley ! I know Soonerfans don’t want to hear it, but it will happen. Not saying he will take it, but the offers and incentives will get bigger. Maybe he is wanting to win a Championship before making the jump. Maybe wants to just be a HC a few more years. I guess we will see.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Cowboy said Garrett will call the plays for this upcoming season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

This is beyond 2019, but watching the NFL playoffs. They showed a stat that for the first time in history , the top four scoring offenses were playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl!
With that , it’s probably the reason the Cardinals took a chance on Kliff Kingsbury. Looking for the next big thing. I’m wondering how long before someone offers a fleet of Brinks trucks to Lincoln Riley ! I know Soonerfans don’t want to hear it, but it will happen. Not saying he will take it, but the offers and incentives will get bigger. Maybe he is wanting to win a Championship before making the jump. Maybe wants to just be a HC a few more years. I guess we will see.
They just did. He turned them down. Three at least wanted him. I’m thinking he’s sincere in that his passion is college ball. Thinking he listened to what CNS has said about his experience and he’s happy at OU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.