Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama vs. Vols...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
All I'm going to say is, remember how Roy Kramer and Fat Phil tried to give our program the death penalty ? Also how Kramer used to always give UT the bye week before the Alabama game ? Yea, me too. You can also thank Kramer for the 2010 schedule where every SEC opponent had a bye before us. I hope we burn Neyland to the ground. Scorch the earth.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Vol fans are hoping we hold Tua out for this game. They seem to have forgotten that Jalen led Bama to a 49-10 victory two years ago in Neyland. BAMA ROLLS!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Ladies and Gentlemen, we need to educate Marcus Spears...

On "Get Up!" this morning, Greeny played the clip of Coach Saban saying he told his players that Bama fans, in their later years, will ask them about their record against the Barn, their record against Tennersee, and the number of championships they won. Marcus claimed that the Tennersee claim was a bald-faced lie since the Vols just used-to-be a big rivalry and don't really matter to us anymore.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

On "Get Up!" this morning, Greeny played the clip of Coach Saban saying he told his players that Bama fans, in their later years, will ask them about their record against the Barn, their record against Tennersee, and the number of championships they won. Marcus claimed that the Tennersee claim was a bald-faced lie since the Vols just used-to-be a big rivalry and don't really matter to us anymore.
He is clueless. Utterly clueless. Honestly, he should be ashamed to have the platform he has, and to be that out of touch.

Surely he doesn't think LSU is in that realm?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Sounds to me like he's trying to fire up the Vol fans.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
He is clueless. Utterly clueless. Honestly, he should be ashamed to have the platform he has, and to be that out of touch.

Surely he doesn't think LSU is in that realm?
In his defense, he probably doesn't spend that much time with a lot of your average, run-of-the-mill Alabama fans. :biggrin2:

From an outsider's perspective, I can see why many would assume that the Tennessee game doesn't mean much to Bama fans because it's been a long time since it's mean anything at all to anyone else.

He just needs to be taught that the hatred the Rebel Alliance had for the Empire was nothing compared to our hatred of all things road-worker orange.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Heard a local talking head say last week was not a trap game, but this week was........ while I consider every game to be important and don’t ever overlook anyone, I think as another poster said, both Bama and UT will be fired up, but Bama gets the win

And yes, Marcus Spears would love an upset so he would have something to talk about

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
In his defense, he probably doesn't spend that much time with a lot of your average, run-of-the-mill Alabama fans. :biggrin2:

From an outsider's perspective, I can see why many would assume that the Tennessee game doesn't mean much to Bama fans because it's been a long time since it's mean anything at all to anyone else.

He just needs to be taught that the hatred the Rebel Alliance had for the Empire was nothing compared to our hatred of all things road-worker orange.

Well he also comes from the LSU background, in which they have no true hated enemy. The Ole Miss game used to be huge. Even the Tulane game was. But those 2 teams fell way down the food chain, to different depths but still a great deal below LSU. The Ole Miss game still resonates if both teams are good, but it's nothing like it used to be in the days of Johnny Vaught and Billy Cannon. They don't even play Tulane anymore except rare occasions. Through the years, I know our game with them has always been big, but we've mostly dominated them and they didn't really start hating us until Coach Saban came here. So what else do they have? The Auburn game wasn't even an annual game until the conference split into 2 divisions in 1992. Coming from the LSU background, your rival is the best team on your schedule. It's nothing like what we have with Tennessee and Auburn. IMO, at least.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Weirdly I don't even mind that one of our WRs is hurt for a game or 2 because it will fun to see some other guys like Waddle and Shavers get snaps.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Weirdly I don't even mind that one of our WRs is hurt for a game or 2 because it will fun to see some other guys like Waddle and Shavers get snaps.
Shavers is a stud. He needs more game reps to help his confidence because he has all the ability in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.