Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama vs. Vols...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
He's such a likable guy.

It's a shame I have to hate him. :biggrin2:
I am a poor judge but he appears to be a young man on the way to being an outstanding college football coach. I don't believe we will have to be concerned with the Vols holding up their end of the rivalry over the next several years.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I am a poor judge but he appears to be a young man on the way to being an outstanding college football coach. I don't believe we will have to be concerned with the Vols holding up their end of the rivalry over the next several years.
Those Vols fans who like him are afraid he will bolt for Bama someday

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Well he also comes from the LSU background, in which they have no true hated enemy. The Ole Miss game used to be huge. Even the Tulane game was. But those 2 teams fell way down the food chain, to different depths but still a great deal below LSU. The Ole Miss game still resonates if both teams are good, but it's nothing like it used to be in the days of Johnny Vaught and Billy Cannon. They don't even play Tulane anymore except rare occasions. Through the years, I know our game with them has always been big, but we've mostly dominated them and they didn't really start hating us until Coach Saban came here. So what else do they have? The Auburn game wasn't even an annual game until the conference split into 2 divisions in 1992. Coming from the LSU background, your rival is the best team on your schedule. It's nothing like what we have with Tennessee and Auburn. IMO, at least.
From someone who practically lived amongst them long before CNS came to Bama, I can say with 100% certainty(at least going back to 1979): they have hated Bama for a looooooong time. The kind of hatred you have for the bully who beats you up everyday at school but every now and then you wake up early on Saturday and go flatten the tires on his bicycle.
The coming of CNS just ramped it up a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
My oldest Daughter and Son-in-Law graduated from UT and my youngest Daughter and her Boyfriend graduated from Bama. I tell them both that I am torn on the game, however I LIE! I want Bama to crush UT. But I will wear my T-dad and A-dad shirt to feign impartiality. Just remember that I am not a total failure as a parent, I did get one to Bama!!!!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Saban said this on the show tonight:
-- Saban said the communication process with the middle LB is complicated. He tried to put it in simple terms. All 11 defensive players have to look to the sideline now.
I suggested that before the Missouri game that Communication would have to come from the sideline. Glad to hear that coaches heard me LOL.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
My oldest Daughter and Son-in-Law graduated from UT and my youngest Daughter and her Boyfriend graduated from Bama. I tell them both that I am torn on the game, however I LIE! I want Bama to crush UT. But I will wear my T-dad and A-dad shirt to feign impartiality. Just remember that I am not a total failure as a parent, I did get one to Bama!!!!
You are a good dad!! My daughter goes to Auburn and I always make sure to wear a Bama shirt or hat when we go there and tease her when they lose! She just shakes her head and laughs. She understands that my diploma is from the Capstone and I just can't cheer for Auburn! I would do the same for a child who went to Tennessee! LOL!! :biggrin2: I do not consider this parental failure, but parental honesty.:tongue:

Last edited:

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
A first grade teacher in Knoxville, Tennessee, explained to her class that she was a Tennessee fan. She asked her students to raise their hands ifthey, too, were Tennessee fans. Everyone in the class raised their handexcept for one little girl.The teacher looked at the little girl with surprise and said, "Jill, why didn't you raise your hand?""Because I am not an Tennessee fan, " she replied.The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Tennessee fan, what kind of a fan are you?""I'm an Alabama fan, " Jill replied.The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, WHY are you an Alabama fan?""Because my mom is an Alabama fan, my dad is an Alabamafan, so I am an Alabama fan also.""Well, " said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be an Alabama fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all the time. What if your mom was a snooty, arrogant moron and your dad was a snooty, arrogant moron, what would you be then?""Then, " Jill smiled, "We'd be Tennessee fans."

Last edited:

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
We are leaving Columbia at noon today for a nice Knoxville weekend. Total of 6 going. Our family has sent a group of us to Bama-UT every year since 1983. I've been to all but 3 of those. Roll Tide.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm probably leaving 5am (CST) from Childersburg. Will be in Knoxville probably 10 am. I just hope parking isn't a nightmare like it seems. Thinking about parking at the civic center or the highschool.

Got a big Cigar that is aged 12 years waiting to be lit.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
It seems to me, on visiting UT's campus several times for baseball tournaments, that parking is at a minimum. Except for parking decks and random lots here and there (which are probably for donors) where do the rest of us park for football games? It is always something I wondered when we were there.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I guess we cheated to win...sigh..

from the Vols

1) Cheating is a gump’s way of life.

2)Getting caught cheating is part of that way of life. They realize they will get caught and don’t care about that either. They at proof that cheaters can win.

3) They despise integrity more than they enjoy cheating to win. To turn someone in for cheating is worse than cheating.

Gumps don’t understand the concept of not cheating. For them cheating is part of their DNA.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I hope the game is over in the first quarter but Saban plays Tua all four.

Screw the vols.
It would satisfy me greatly if we could put up 77 on them. Have a game like Oklahoma had against Texas A&M and fRAN back in the day. I want 100 but I'm being realistic (realistic as in what Coach Saban will allow, not what the team is capable of).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.