Players - Walk of Champions

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Agree, but Saban did hold up the Walk as he greeted a disabled fan in the front row before the Ark State game. He stopped and talked to the person for a few minutes while the whole crowd waited. Thunderstruck continued to play and the crown was really ramped up by the time the team walked through. So Saban is paying attention to those in the crowd, and I thought it was pretty cool that he did this.
Unpossible. And you spelled Satan wrong.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is why I go to one home game a year to see what I am missing by not being part of the game day atmosphere. I should know by now that I am not missing anything, but in my mind I think I am missing out on something. Just goes to show you can convince yourself of anything.
You don't think being in the stadium is more exciting than sitting in your den?

Man...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is why I go to one home game a year to see what I am missing by not being part of the game day atmosphere. I should know by now that I am not missing anything, but in my mind I think I am missing out on something. Just goes to show you can convince yourself of anything.
This is very much a GrayTide post.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
This is very much a GrayTide post.
It's gotten to where I go ahead and start shaking my head as soon as I see his username in a thread - before I even read his post.

The guy makes Eyeore sound like an optimist.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
We never missed the WOC when it started. It was always crowded, lively and rowdy even though security tried their best to spoil the atmosphere ('hey, get your toe behind that line' kind of stuff). As time went by, I went less and less and now haven't been in years as it became apparent the players weren't enjoying it, but just enduring it. Our guys should be able to maintain their focus for the three minutes it takes to walk from the bus to the locker room, even if on a 'business trip'. I'm not proposing the WOC be a reincarnation of a NC celebration walk, but it doesn't have to be like a funeral procession either.
If WOC isn't adding any sort of value to the players, coaches, or gameday experience, just stop doing it.
I'm sure all the players can find their way to the stadium without the quarter mile bus ride, all our other sports teams do. Probably not a popular viewpoint, but it's mine.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We never missed the WOC when it started. It was always crowded, lively and rowdy even though security tried their best to spoil the atmosphere ('hey, get your toe behind that line' kind of stuff). As time went by, I went less and less and now haven't been in years as it became apparent the players weren't enjoying it, but just enduring it. Our guys should be able to maintain their focus for the three minutes it takes to walk from the bus to the locker room, even if on a 'business trip'. I'm not proposing the WOC be a reincarnation of a NC celebration walk, but it doesn't have to be like a funeral procession either.
If WOC isn't adding any sort of value to the players, coaches, or gameday experience, just stop doing it.
I'm sure all the players can find their way to the stadium without the quarter mile bus ride, all our other sports teams do. Probably not a popular viewpoint, but it's mine.
If the players do not enjoy it then I agree. But until I hear that from the players I am going to believe that the players embrace it as a part of the Alabama tradition.

IMO, they are taking on the persona of their leader, Saban. Just because they look like they are all business does not mean that they are not enjoying themselves.

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
I watched some videos recently of alabama players walking out of the tunnel on to the field to start the game. They are much more business like than other teams. I like it. Kinda like here we come to kick your ....

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I don't know if the recruits on visits experience the walk or not. If they do, I think it would be a plus for us. The phone in the air is something I really don't get. I totally understand someone wanting the video, but you kind of miss the event to get a video.

Imo GrayTide's posts are good and enjoyable, cut him some slack!

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Last time my son and I were there, we were on the front line and my son got plenty of hi fives even one from Lane Kiffin. If course he was in a crimson and white full body suit the kind that even go over your head. And he was 7. But I saw plenty of high fives from players.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
If the players do not enjoy it then I agree. But until I hear that from the players I am going to believe that the players embrace it as a part of the Alabama tradition.
IMO, they are taking on the persona of their leader, Saban. Just because they look like they are all business does not mean that they are not enjoying themselves.
I've known several players (friends of my children) from my hometown that have told me otherwise. We know Saban is all business but I'm not buying the use of his persona as a cover, I doubt he's told the guys that they couldn't display/exhibit their enjoyment of the WOC if they wanted to do so. But again, that's just me - and if others are enjoying the WOC, I'm okay with that and applaud you for attending. As previously stated, your view doesn't have to agree with mine, I'm okay with that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've known several players (friends of my children) from my hometown that have told me otherwise. We know Saban is all business but I'm not buying the use of his persona as a cover, I doubt he's told the guys that they couldn't display/exhibit their enjoyment of the WOC if they wanted to do so. But again, that's just me - and if others are enjoying the WOC, I'm okay with that and applaud you for attending. As previously stated, your view doesn't have to agree with mine, I'm okay with that.
:cheers2:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I prefer our businesslike entrance. I like our team well dressed when we see em getting off the plane.
There is time to socialize after the game.
Coach Saban preferers the way we do things, rather than the Rah Rah style of Auburn. I like the business like approach, the attention to what they are there to do...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.