Trump threatens to cut U.S. aid to Honduras over immigrants

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

Mexico deporting nearly 500 migrants after California border blitz

The Mexican government announced Sunday evening that it will deport nearly 500 migrants who rushed the U.S. border between Tijuana and San Diego, Calif., on Sunday.

In a statement, Mexico's interior department said these migrants were captured with the help of local authorities of the government of the state of Baja California and will be deported after attempting to cross the border "violently."
Videos and photos of the migrants, including children, crossing a footbridge over a canal in Tijuana as they head to the border were posted to social media. The incident prompted both the U.S. and Mexico to shut down the port of entry on their respective sides.

So where are they deporting them to?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I had a thought this morning.
Russian bots, many from Venezuela (where Russia can find Putin-friendly native Spanish speakers), egged on Catalonians to seek independence, and, somewhat counter-intuitively, egged the Spanish government to refuse to accept Catalonian independence.
Spain: 'Misinformation' on Catalonia referendum came from Russia

Russian network used Venezuelan accounts to deepen Catalan crisis
I say, counter-intuitive because why would one government urge both sides of a conflict in a country far away towards a conflict? Because, Putin seeing international politics as a zero-sum game, Russia likes chaos and discord among its competitors. Russia does not care a wit about Catalonia becoming independent, or, for that matter, about Spanish territorial integrity. It only wants chaos and conflict inside a NATO country.

Now, to the point, I bet Putin loves seeing thousands of illegal immigrants rioting on the U.S.-Mexican border and loves seeing tear gas used against them. How much would it costs to fund a few buses to help move the caravan from Guatemala & Honduras to the U.S.-Mexican border? How much would it cost to make sure the caravan includes some Salvadoran ne'er-do-wells and pay those ne'er-do-wells, when they get to the U.S. border, to find a TV camera and throw rocks at American border agents?
He probably loves seeing immigration-skeptical Americans questioning pro-immigration Americans' patriotism and he loves seeing pro-immigration Americans call immigration skeptics racists.
Not that he cares a wit for the Guatemalan or Honduran immigrants or cares about U.S. immigration policy. He just likes chaos and conflict in his opponents.
The Dark Man probably had himself some Stoly yesterday.

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I had a thought this morning.
Russian bots, many from Venezuela (where Russia can find Putin-friendly native Spanish speakers), egged on Catalonians to seek independence, and, somewhat counter-intuitively, egged the Spanish government to refuse to accept Catalonian independence.
Spain: 'Misinformation' on Catalonia referendum came from Russia

Russian network used Venezuelan accounts to deepen Catalan crisis
I say, counter-intuitive because why would one government urge both sides of a conflict in a country far away towards a conflict? Because, Putin seeing international politics as a zero-sum game, Russia likes chaos and discord among its competitors. Russia does not care a wit about Catalonia becoming independent, or, for that matter, about Spanish territorial integrity. It only wants chaos and conflict inside a NATO country.

Now, to the point, I bet Putin loves seeing thousands of illegal immigrants rioting on the U.S.-Mexican border and loves seeing tear gas used against them. How much would it costs to fund a few buses to help move the caravan from Guatemala & Honduras to the U.S.-Mexican border?
He probably loves seeing immigration-skeptical Americans questioning pro-immigration Americans' patriotism and he loves seeing pro-immigration Americans call immigration skeptics racists.
Not that he cares a wit for the Guatemalan or Honduran immigrants or cares about U.S. immigration policy. He just likes chaos and conflict in his opponents.
The Dark Man probably had himself some Stoly yesterday.
Putin has been playing the Game of Thrones for a while. Most the rest of the world is only just now catching up that they're even in the game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OK here's what we do.......

Work with the Mexican Government and set up job fairs along the caravan route.

Folks who are interested in asylum in the US (or regular immigration) are able to sit down with employment counselors and discuss possible options awaiting them in the U.S.

Screening can be done to some degree at this point also - in particular as it relates to effectively communicating to these folks what to expect when they reach the US border, s they will have plenty of time to gather whatever documents they may need.

In the meantime....we gather information from prospective U.S. employers who are looking for employees. All types of jobs so there are options and we can best fit everyone up to their most appropriate field of expertise.

Bring in the labor unions as well so they can offer their resources.

This can only happen with collaboration with the Mexican government.

A bonus would be bringing in the job market info in Mexico as well so there's even more options available in case it makes sense for some to stay in Mexico while paperwork is being processed.

Of course, we'd also want to bring in the RNC and DNC for help with funding. All that money they waste on campaigning can then be put to much better use.

Bring in human rights resources as well....a lot of that can't hurt.

Lot of details would have to be worked out but what a way to tap into this situation and get a win-win!

This post brought to you by the Bazza Broadcasting Channel :)
Somebody put on my timeline yesterday a quote from a Midwestern farmer who is way short of labor to the effect that, if he could get his hands on someone who'd walked weeks for work, he'd hire him and never let go of him...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
OK here's what we do.......

Work with the Mexican Government and set up job fairs along the caravan route.

Folks who are interested in asylum in the US (or regular immigration) are able to sit down with employment counselors and discuss possible options awaiting them in the U.S.

Screening can be done to some degree at this point also - in particular as it relates to effectively communicating to these folks what to expect when they reach the US border, s they will have plenty of time to gather whatever documents they may need.

In the meantime....we gather information from prospective U.S. employers who are looking for employees. All types of jobs so there are options and we can best fit everyone up to their most appropriate field of expertise.

Bring in the labor unions as well so they can offer their resources.

This can only happen with collaboration with the Mexican government.

A bonus would be bringing in the job market info in Mexico as well so there's even more options available in case it makes sense for some to stay in Mexico while paperwork is being processed.

Of course, we'd also want to bring in the RNC and DNC for help with funding. All that money they waste on campaigning can then be put to much better use.

Bring in human rights resources as well....a lot of that can't hurt.

Lot of details would have to be worked out but what a way to tap into this situation and get a win-win!

This post brought to you by the Bazza Broadcasting Channel :)
Why on earth would Mexico give up their sovereignty to the US for this?

One MUST be in the US to apply for asylum.

Employment is a COMPLETELY separate issue from asylum.

Why waste money setting up n Mexico when we have facilities here in America?

Why not use what is already at the president's fingertips to do this job efficiently, effectively, and humanely?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Somebody put on my timeline yesterday a quote from a Midwestern farmer who is way short of labor to the effect that, if he could get his hands on someone who'd walked weeks for work, he'd hire him and never let go of him...
I stated earlier: if I had a business that required unskilled labor I’d do everything I could to get work visas for anyone who walked the length of Mexico just to reach the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.