News Article: Alabama QB is undefeated sorority flag football coach in spare time

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Fun little story:

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/10/reserve_alabama_qb_is_undefeat.html

Mac Jones couldn't believe it. He probably wouldn't have thrown that ball, but as the offensive tactician for the ZTA sorority intramural team, Alabama's third string quarterback celebrated the key touchdown like it was a Saturday afternoon.

Along with running back Damien Harris, tight end Irv Smith Jr., and a few others, Jones brought a different dimension to the sorority intramural league. As coach of ZTA, Jones is combination of Nick Saban, Scott Cochran and offensive coordinator Mike Locksley.

He's smiling most of the night but Jones isn't kidding around.

This is a place where the Crimson Tide players can have a little fun outside the spotlight, though the competitive streak isn't something they lose. Jones wasn't available for interviews for this story as a redshirt freshman, but his players explained the experience of playing for him and the other coaches.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I think that this relationship between current Alabama football players and sorority sports teams has a similar goal - similar. ;)
Exactly! I don't think I would act like he is completing some philanthropic deed. Hahahaha!
I'm sure many guys on campus would line up to coach a sorority team. This is another example that shows that these guys have it made.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Exactly! I don't think I would act like he is completing some philanthropic deed. Hahahaha!
I'm sure many guys on campus would line up to coach a sorority team. This is another example that shows that these guys have it made.
I have been trying to offer my services for the pro lingerie league. They keep turning me down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.