Question(s) about Kevin Norwood

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Kevin Norwood

He was given a permanent vacation as he found following our very clearly defined rules impossible.
I hate to hear that, but he knew the rules and I’m sure he had ample warnings. As I know this isn’t something to debate, this is my one and only comment on the matter.

Back on topic, what is Norwood doing now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Norwood was never going to be a star in the NFL but i think he could have had a decent career. He had a hard time staying healthy at that level and teams just won’t hold on to someone on IR who is fairly easily replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

That was Norwood in 2011. He was amazing in the BCSCG. I think that your other taller receiver that year was Gibson, but Maze was the primary threat.
Man, I loved all those guys, but think about the difference between then and now. Maze, Hanks, Norwood - none of those guys panned out at the next level.

Now we have Jeudy, Smitty, Ruggs, and Waddle who, barring injuries/other mishaps, will likely ALL be highly drafted. Then there's McCarron/Sims versus Tua/Jalen. At worst, our RB's now are a wash with those years (and I think our current crew will turn out to be better).

Purely looking at it from that angle, it's a wonder we were able to win multiple championships those years. I know the 2011 defense was one of the best of all time, but the glaring disparity in offense is startling looking back...

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

Man, I loved all those guys, but think about the difference between then and now. Maze, Hanks, Norwood - none of those guys panned out at the next level.

Now we have Jeudy, Smitty, Ruggs, and Waddle who, barring injuries/other mishaps, will likely ALL be highly drafted. Then there's McCarron/Sims versus Tua/Jalen. At worst, our RB's now are a wash with those years (and I think our current crew will turn out to be better).

Purely looking at it from that angle, it's a wonder we were able to win multiple championships those years. I know the 2011 defense was one of the best of all time, but the glaring disparity in offense is startling looking back...
The 2011 team had two guys on offense that were Heisman finalists, plus a future NFL rookie of the year on offense.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

The 2011 team had two guys on offense that were Heisman finalists, plus a future NFL rookie of the year on offense.
It's still early to say, but would you argue that Damien, Najee, or Josh Jacobs couldn't be a Heisman finalist if they were featured the way Trent was? And Tua will very likely be a Heisman finalist (if not winner) before he leaves (again, barring injury).

And that doesn't even include our four WR's who could be Heisman finalists if given the touches as well. Throw in Irv Smith and Hentges and the talent of this offense far outpaces that of 2011. That is not to disparage the 2011 offense, more to compliment this year's...

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017

That was Norwood in 2011. He was amazing in the BCSCG. I think that your other taller receiver that year was Gibson, but Maze was the primary threat.
You're correct, it was Norwood I was thinking of from 2011. It was textbook the way he plucked the ball out of the air.
Hmm..not sure. I do know ArDarius Stewart was also very clutch, but he was around 2013-2016.
ArDarius Stewart was who I was thinking this thread was about. Had him confused with Norwood.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.