Question(s) about Kevin Norwood

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I always wondered why he didn't make it well in the NFL. Thoughts on that? Because I thought for sure he'd be a very good WR at the next level. He was one of my all time favorite Tide WRs. Very underrated when he played here.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Kevin Norwood

Speed - he was too slow and struggled to get open. He had amazing hands, though.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North

One of my favorites as well. I would guess that there is so much luck, as well as talent, that determines if you make it in the League. Injuries, right team and coach, right system, anything goes wrong and there are dozens of others just as talented waiting to take your spot. I thought he would be a great possession type NFL receiver

CrimsonDynasT

2nd Team
Sep 23, 2007

I always wondered why he didn't make it well in the NFL. Thoughts on that? Because I thought for sure he'd be a very good WR at the next level. He was one of my all time favorite Tide WRs. Very underrated when he played here.
I bet the Honey Badger hasn't forgotten Kevin Norwood. Kevin tore him up!

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

He was given a permanent vacation as he found following our very clearly defined rules impossible.
I was wondering what happened to him as well. So, he went to TideFans hell instead of that great forum in the sky.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

Mr "throw it to me. It is 3rd and long" Norwood? I suspect Big is correct. His 40 times were not impressive up there with the millionaires.Great receiver though. Mr Clutch he was. Always knew exactly where the markers were.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

You are such a tease

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017

We had a receiver very similar to him, with great hands, around 2011 I believe. Can't recall his name right now.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I miss Kevin Norwood. He was Mr. Clutch. I would have loved to see his % of catching what was thrown to him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

We had a receiver very similar to him, with great hands, around 2011 I believe. Can't recall his name right now.
That was Norwood in 2011. He was amazing in the BCSCG. I think that your other taller receiver that year was Gibson, but Maze was the primary threat.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX

not to hijack the thread, but what in the world did alasippi do to get banned? I've been on vacation, so missed the fact he was banned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

That was Norwood in 2011. He was amazing in the BCSCG. I think that your other taller receiver that year was Gibson, but Maze was the primary threat.
He was Mr. Clutch...but speed at the NFL level was a problem. I sure hope he's doing something good now...he came from a poor background and really appreciated being able to get his degree, etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.