JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Projected Depth Chart for Alabama vs. Tennessee
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 17th, 2018 02:54 AM

Disclaimer: This is not an official University of Alabama document. The depth chart is taken from individual practice and game observations, and is color-coded. Seniors are in black, juniors previously on the team are in green, junior college transfers in their junior year are in purple, junior college transfers in their sophomore year are in […]

Read More Here

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You have Smith starting against TN. I just don't see that happening. Reports are that Shavers is taking his snaps in practice.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
You have Smith starting against TN. I just don't see that happening. Reports are that Shavers is taking his snaps in practice.
I'd definitely give that hamstring more time to heal. Derek Kief, as well as Shavers and Waddle, will fill in nicely.

Last edited:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Also read where Lester Cotton is likely not starting due to an ankle. Deonte Brown is running with the first team at left guard. I'm sure he'll do okay if he starts.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I had to do this a day early and hadn't heard Saban's press conference yet. After today I don't expect him to play at all.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I had to do this a day early and hadn't heard Saban's press conference yet. After today I don't expect him to play at all.
It wasn't a criticism. We appreciate everything that you do. I was just pointing it out.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
My only question was at punter. I think the young fellow is mentally shot.

Right now, today, I'd take a guaranteed 30 yards vs. what we've seen this year. The only saving grace is that his best punts have been the Australian-style, of the low, rolling type.

If he does that, I'm willing to suspend judgment. If he goes the traditional route, I'm worried.

Earle alluded to an injury. If his information is accurate, that strikes me as more reason to go in another direction....at least temporarily, until he gets his head screwed on straight.

In front of 100,000+ hostile screaming arnge isn't the place to make a mental recovery. I'm hoping for Bernier, limitations acknowledged.

Bryant0086

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2009
I would like to see Kief get some playing time. The ones are the ones and the twos are the twos for a reason, but Kief is a matchup problem. He is listed as between 6'4" and 6'5." I also would like to see Hentges catch a pass a game as well. I think a nose tackle could run him down, but I love to see him drag defenders down the field with him. He may be slow, but he is like tackling a tractor.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I would like to see Kief get some playing time. The ones are the ones and the twos are the twos for a reason, but Kief is a matchup problem. He is listed as between 6'4" and 6'5." I also would like to see Hentges catch a pass a game as well. I think a nose tackle could run him down, but I love to see him drag defenders down the field with him. He may be slow, but he is like tackling a tractor.
Shavers has more upside than Kief.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Shavers has more upside than Kief.
He has more upside but there's no question who's more ready right now, and who can help the team more right now. The tentativeness in Shavers is pretty palpable. Kief has made some plays this year and has a big, big edge in regards to WR blocking. This week there have been some rumblings out of Tuscaloosa that it's going to be Kief, at least for the time being.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.