Matt Wyatt Breaks Down Tenn. v Auburn (Tendencies)

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I am really liking Matt Wyatt's film breakdowns. Check out his breakdown of Tennessee's win over Auburn last week. Gives a few things to look for in the coming game and maybe down the road against AU.

Initial thoughts are that there were not a lot of blown coverage on the outside for Auburn. Their receivers made a lot of really great catches. Our DB's are going to have to "out-athlete" these guys and win those 50/50 balls when Guaratano throws them.

The AU LB's did not play a good game. Twice in this breakdown alone they gave up chunk yardage, the first because they weren't aggressive and got caught up in the wash of a run play and the next time because of an assignment bust. Hoping Mack and Dylan carry over their discipline from last week.

Neither team has a good offensive line. The difference in this game was likely that Guaratano just let it fly and took a shot and Stidham held the ball for too long and was reluctant to let it go. His bad decision making likely cost them that game.

Tennessee's defense, while not amazing, is playing more aggressive and passionate football because of Jeremy Pruitt. That DB blowing up the stupid Gus trick play looked like a vintage Pruitt play call. His guy came flying in there and whooped the blocker and then forced Stidham into a stupid throw. I expect some salt from their defense early on, but likely not enough to even blunt our attack if Tua is in.

What did you see? What will you be looking for come Saturday?

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I am really liking Matt Wyatt's film breakdowns. Check out his breakdown of Tennessee's win over Auburn last week. Gives a few things to look for in the coming game and maybe down the road against AU.

Initial thoughts are that there were not a lot of blown coverage on the outside for Auburn. Their receivers made a lot of really great catches. Our DB's are going to have to "out-athlete" these guys and win those 50/50 balls when Guaratano throws them.

The AU LB's did not play a good game. Twice in this breakdown alone they gave up chunk yardage, the first because they weren't aggressive and got caught up in the wash of a run play and the next time because of an assignment bust. Hoping Mack and Dylan carry over their discipline from last week.

Neither team has a good offensive line. The difference in this game was likely that Guaratano just let it fly and took a shot and Stidham held the ball for too long and was reluctant to let it go. His bad decision making likely cost them that game.

Tennessee's defense, while not amazing, is playing more aggressive and passionate football because of Jeremy Pruitt. That DB blowing up the stupid Gus trick play looked like a vintage Pruitt play call. His guy came flying in there and whooped the blocker and then forced Stidham into a stupid throw. I expect some salt from their defense early on, but likely not enough to even blunt our attack if Tua is in.

It did appear that the Auburn trick play was way to predictable for Pruitt who is proven to be willing to attack certain offensive schemes with pressure.

The Tennessee game plan appeared to be superior on both sides of the ball and Guaratano was much more definite on where he was going with the ball and got it out on time every time. He gave his receivers a chance and they won the jump balls.

Coaching has consequences and it showed on Saturday!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1051648403762044933

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

1. Auburn is too predictable. Even my 2 years old know what play they are running when Cox are in the game.
2. Pruitt had an easy game to call because of how Gus called the game. Doubt he will have easy game against us though.
3. The Auburn and Tennessee game was good game for us to watch, but there is a good chance that now it's out in the open about Gus's predictability on offense, he will change it up going forward. Tennessee is improving each week, but we will be fine.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I thought Auburn's Defense played soft.
I thought neither team really had a running game.
Both Quarterbacks would have been vulnerable to rushing the QB.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.