So you just won the Mega Millions

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Refuse to let them publish my name, bank it, and go on like nothing happened.
This is something at work we've discussed pretty much every time the amount has gotten huge. Some states require the person to come forward while others let the winner be anonymous. My luck I would end up in a state that requires me to come forward. I would hate to have to go public with it. Just let me be a winner in secret.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You need to pick:

(of course)

(another no brainer)

(our favorite place to be)

(yet another no brainer)

I just can't figure out the sixth number.....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is something at work we've discussed pretty much every time the amount has gotten huge. Some states require the person to come forward while others let the winner be anonymous. My luck I would end up in a state that requires me to come forward. I would hate to have to go public with it. Just let me be a winner in secret.

I just looked at it, and I'm hosed.

There are only six states where you can remain anonymous:
North Dakota (because nobody lives there anyway)
Delaware (same)
Kansas (even worse)
Maryland
Ohio
South Carolina

All other states require public identification.

I guess the first thing would be to disconnect my phone and change my name. And given that my ex-wife is a gold digging fool, I'd likely leave the country for awhile.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
+/- 300 mil, eh?

1 - Pay off homes for two nephews
2 - Same for three friends who stuck when things were tough for yers truly
3 - Purchase the home i was raised in - in a very small Alabama town - and turn it into the [parents' name] Library. Fund a foundation to keep it going.
4 - Move to Brooklyn - nothing fancy for a residence - and devour live music and art museums for a while. Play a lot of tennis, too.
5 - Barcelona, Stockholm, Paris, parts of Australia, and Hong Kong are priorities on the travel list when not #4-ing.
6 - A party at Saturn in Bham for approx 100 and their guests. Live music by Cracker.
7 - 10% divided between hometown church [same as #3] and a charity . . St Jude a strong candidate.
8- Hire brother as accountant.

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I have always heard you can't buy love. I guess I will have to learn the hard way.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
1.6 billion now.
Anyone knows anyone who needs a temporary job, the two convenience stores just across the Florida/Bama line on I-10 need cashiers and traffic monitors. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
1.6 billion now.
Anyone knows anyone who needs a temporary job, the two convenience stores just across the Florida/Bama line on I-10 need cashiers and traffic monitors. [emoji41]

I hope when someone does finally win it, there is just one single winner. I also hope it is me.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Can you buy tickets in advance of drawings? Like if I go Monday can I buy a couple for Tuesday’s drawing and a couple for Friday’s drawing? If so how would you do that?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Can you buy tickets in advance of drawings? Like if I go Monday can I buy a couple for Tuesday’s drawing and a couple for Friday’s drawing? If so how would you do that?
Yes - I always buy for at least five draws.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Just tell them how many drawings you want, or if you fill out the slip there’s an option to choose how many drawings on it.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Are you going to quit your job?
I thought about it - but I think I’ll postpone my full retirement (I’m semi now) since my winnings will only pay for the gas to go collect them. [emoji6]

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Do y’all normally do the quick pick option?
Sometimes - I normally pick my numbers for five draws, but if I’m in Pcola or have to go get tickets for father in law and the jackpot is high, I’ll get a QP or two...or five.[emoji6]

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
No one won the powerball last night either so it has climbed to 640 million. I think I just need to win both so people can stop buying tickets for awhile.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.