So you just won the Mega Millions

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
868 Million Bucks. What are the first THREE things you do after the lump sum payout?

For me:

1. Put in my 2 weeks notice
2. Hire Chuck Norris to assemble a security detail to protect my new found wealth from kidnappers and bandits.
3. Make reservations for my extended family to a secluded tropical Island where we can privately
discuss how to positively impact our world.
:biggrin2:

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
I might be able to afford a decent season tickets and tail gaiting for a year or two!:cool2:

This did bring up a good conversation at work yesterday. What is your personal kiss my butt amount? The amount where you peace out and tell the boss you are out forever. I think for me I could do it on 10 mil. if I kept my current lifestyle.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I might be able to afford a decent season tickets and tail gaiting for a year or two!:cool2:

This did bring up a good conversation at work yesterday. What is your personal kiss my butt amount? The amount where you peace out and tell the boss you are out forever. I think for me I could do it on 10 mil. if I kept my current lifestyle.
Keeping my current lifestyle, would be about 8-10 million.

and I think I change my answer for the 2 weeks and agree with 92tide. The day I have the check in hand is the day I quit and never look back.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I would donate some to charity, and I would give some to my immediate family. Then I would buy a house and a couple cars I want. I’m a simplest. I wouldn’t buy a mansion just because I could afford one. I’m in nursing school with one and a half semesters left, so I’d probably finish at this point, but I doubt I would ever work as a nurse. I love animals, so I’d probably open an animal shelter or dog/cat kennel. Then I’d invest the rest. The interest you would get on that amount of money would be insane.

Is the lump sum the amount after the government gets their share?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I would donate some to charity, and I would give some to my immediate family. Then I would buy a house and a couple cars I want. I’m a simplest. I wouldn’t buy a mansion just because I could afford one. I’m in nursing school with one and a half semesters left, so I’d probably finish at this point, but I doubt I would ever work as a nurse. I love animals, so I’d probably open an animal shelter or dog/cat kennel. Then I’d invest the rest. The interest you would get on that amount of money would be insane.

No. Multiply the 900 million by .32 and there is your take home amount.

Edit the amount has increased to 900 million.

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
No. Multiply the 900 million by .32 and there is your take home amount.

Edit the amount has increased to 900 million.
You mean all I’d get was $288 million? I don’t know if that’d be enough. ;)

I always joke with my mom when we go to Florida and the jackpot is only 20 million or so. I say it ain’t worth playing if that’s all you win. Obviously I’m joking but I always say it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You mean all I’d get was $288 million? I don’t know if that’d be enough. ;)

I always joke with my mom when we go to Florida and the jackpot is only 20 million or so. I say it ain’t worth playing if that’s all you win. Obviously I’m joking but I always say it.
I make same joke. The powerball is up a lot as well, but it is a third of what the megamillions is. I bought a ticket for each.

Most likely the Megamillions will be 1 billion by Friday, so you could get 320 million. The winner will most likely come from New Jersey, Ohio or Florida. Those seem to be the states where people win the most.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Go to each member of family and pay off their debt/mortgage. Put enough in an emergency fund to cover 12 months expenses for them. Throw a little cash in another account for them to have some fun with. Set up $1 million Trusts for 2 grand kids. Invest whats left over, live off that interest and give to charity.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
1. Hire a financial advisor
2. Pay off what debt is there for my immediate family anonymously.
3. Hide it so only a very small few know I have it.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Other than paying off all immediate family debt and setting up trusts for kids and grandkids, I’d give probably 20 mil to St Jude’s (wife and I have actually talked about this), invest maybe 90% of the rest in tax free bonds (if they still exist) and keep the remainder liquid for travel. No big house, but a nice boat (and maybe a plane) for travel might be doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

News just said (I think maybe erroneously) that if no one wins tonight, jackpot will be 1.6 billion Tuesday. That can’t be right, but that’s what she said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.