What are some good scary movies?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
So I don’t watch many movies, but when I do I like the horror/thriller/suspense type movies. I’m going next week to see the new Halloween movie, but what are some scary movies that you recommend? I have Netflix and access to Hulu. I’d like to watch some once school slows down a little.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
My household has the 31 days of horror every Halloween.

Last night we watched Annabelle Creation...IT was good for a few jumps and the story wasn't bad.

I recommend:
Recent: The Conjuring /Annabelle series, Paranormal Activity Series, The VVitch, Hellhouse, LLC, The houses that October Built, Blair Witch Project

Classics: Friday 13th, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm Street, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, The Entity

B Horror/Dark Humor: Basket Case, The Re animator, Swamp Thing

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My household has the 31 days of horror every Halloween.

Last night we watched Annabelle Creation...IT was good for a few jumps and the story wasn't bad.

I recommend:
Recent: The Conjuring /Annabelle series, Paranormal Activity Series, The VVitch, Hellhouse, LLC, The houses that October Built, Blair Witch Project

Classics: Friday 13th, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm Street, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, The Entity

B Horror/Dark Humor: Basket Case, The Re animator, Swamp Thing
Wow, somebody else that has actually seen The Entity.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Not a big horror connoisseur, but I do like a good scare every now and then. Personally, I’ve always found psychological horror (as opposed to slashers) more enjoyable. In that vein, relatively recent movies I thought were pretty good were The Visit, and Hereditary.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Anybody seen the house on haunted hill series on Netflix? Heard good things about it
I watched the first episode. It was meh. Did nothing for me. I might watch the second episode just to get a better gauge of it, but I wasn’t as impressed as most others have been.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The original "Night of the Living Dead" was on early this morning. i caught the very end of it. I had forgotten how it ended which had an ironic twist and is one of the reasons why it's considered such an iconic horror film and cult classic.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
BBCA(merica) is having a Hitchcock marathon right now. I just watched the last 30 min. of "Psycho". I forgot that Simon Oakland was in it - playing the psychiatrist at the end. What a fantastic actor!

"The Birds" is on right now. Another classic!

Hitchcock might be my favourite director of all time. WAY ahead of his time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.