GA Guv Race - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: GA Guv Race

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Re: GA Guv Race

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Pretty much why I am voting for Maddox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And, add to the fact Kay Ivey sounds like she stepped off the set of Gone with the Wind into the Governorís mansion. Her accent is so bad youíd think itís fake,haha.

What Maddox has done in Tuscaloosa post 4/27/11 is impressive. We need that type of innovation and out of the box thinking in our state.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

538 just published a model for gubantorial elections, which gives Maddox a 1.3% chance of winning. The magic (R) is all you need in some states.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...cast/governor/

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    538 just published a model for gubantorial elections, which gives Maddox a 1.3% chance of winning. The magic (R) is all you need in some states.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...cast/governor/
    Again, they donít know people like the guys I work with. All Trumpers and many (apparently most) are voting for Maddox.
    Story on local news last night about Iveyís health.
    It ainít over until the old lady farts. In public. While talking to the media about how sheís in control of the state.
    538 didnít quite predict DJ beating Moore, either; close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...in-in-alabama/

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Again, they don’t know people like the guys I work with. All Trumpers and many (apparently most) are voting for Maddox.
    Story on local news last night about Ivey’s health.
    It ain’t over until the old lady farts. In public. While talking to the media about how she’s in control of the state.
    538 didn’t quite predict DJ beating Moore, either; close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...in-in-alabama/

I certainly hope you’re right.

107,000 purged from Georgia voter rolls for not voting in past elections

Kemp has purged all voters who haven't voted over a three year period, and has not effectively notified them. Conveniently, he's also refusing to process voter registrations.

I get purging dormant names off voter rolls after some amount of time, but three years seems absolutely absurd. Kemp is a garbage human.
    Last edited by CharminTide; October 19th, 2018 at 10:04 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Kemp is a garbage human.
    It's just called the GOP now.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    It's just called the GOP now.
    Seems that way. Curious how long AL waits before purging.

Mallory Hagan: More than 55K District 3 voters disqualified

And then, of course, there's North Dakota.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Seems that way. Curious how long AL waits before purging.

Mallory Hagan: More than 55K District 3 voters disqualified

And then, of course, there's North Dakota.
    She is in my district. I havenít really given much thought to the race. It probably doesnít matter. If she pulls off the upset, you can bet it will be her district that vanishes in 2022 when we lose a House seat.

The incumbent, Mike Rogers, has been mentioned as the first head of the Space Force.

The number keeps going up.

GOP candidate improperly purged 340,000 from Georgia voter rolls, investigation claims

Georgia secretary of state and gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp improperly purged more than 340,000 voters from the state’s registration rolls, an investigation charges.

Greg Palast, a journalist and the director of the Palast Investigative Fund, said an analysis he commissioned found 340,134 voters were removed from the rolls on the grounds that they had moved – but they actually still live at the address where they are registered.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

The silence sure is deafening from the folks that spent years crying about protecting our elections from fraud.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

The silence sure is deafening from the folks that spent years crying about protecting our elections from fraud.
    But ... but... it isnít (nonexistent) ďvoterĒ fraud, so itís OK.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    But ... but... it isnít (nonexistent) ďvoterĒ fraud, so itís OK.
    Right. All that talk about how voter IDs** were needed to secure election integrity, and now.... *crickets*

But seriously, "voter fraud" was always intended to be the guise under which the GOP could disenfranchise liberals, young people, and minorities. When this was pointed out, conservatives balked. But look around. GOP-run states are closing polling places in big cities and other areas with dense minority populations. Texas is arresting people for trying to protect the right of college kids to vote. North Dakota wrote a law meant to disenfranchise Native Americans. Blacks in Georgia are being purged from the voter rolls and not allowed to re-register. The modern Republican party does not want fair elections, does not care about election integrity, and frankly does not even want a representative democracy.

**voter IDs available free of charge from one bus in Montgomery, between the hours of 11AM and 1PM on the first Wednesday of the second month following the summer solstice

107,000 purged from Georgia voter rolls for not voting in past elections

Kemp has purged all voters who haven't voted over a three year period, and has not effectively notified them. Conveniently, he's also refusing to process voter registrations.

I get purging dormant names off voter rolls after some amount of time, but three years seems absolutely absurd. Kemp is a garbage human.
    they don't even care that their sheets are showing
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon