GA Guv Race

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Seems that way. Curious how long AL waits before purging.

Mallory Hagan: More than 55K District 3 voters disqualified

And then, of course, there's North Dakota.
She is in my district. I haven’t really given much thought to the race. It probably doesn’t matter. If she pulls off the upset, you can bet it will be her district that vanishes in 2022 when we lose a House seat.

The incumbent, Mike Rogers, has been mentioned as the first head of the Space Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
The number keeps going up.

GOP candidate improperly purged 340,000 from Georgia voter rolls, investigation claims

Georgia secretary of state and gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp improperly purged more than 340,000 voters from the state’s registration rolls, an investigation charges.

Greg Palast, a journalist and the director of the Palast Investigative Fund, said an analysis he commissioned found 340,134 voters were removed from the rolls on the grounds that they had moved – but they actually still live at the address where they are registered.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The silence sure is deafening from the folks that spent years crying about protecting our elections from fraud.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The silence sure is deafening from the folks that spent years crying about protecting our elections from fraud.
But ... but... it isn’t (nonexistent) “voter” fraud, so it’s OK.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
But ... but... it isn’t (nonexistent) “voter” fraud, so it’s OK.
Right. All that talk about how voter IDs** were needed to secure election integrity, and now.... *crickets*

But seriously, "voter fraud" was always intended to be the guise under which the GOP could disenfranchise liberals, young people, and minorities. When this was pointed out, conservatives balked. But look around. GOP-run states are closing polling places in big cities and other areas with dense minority populations. Texas is arresting people for trying to protect the right of college kids to vote. North Dakota wrote a law meant to disenfranchise Native Americans. Blacks in Georgia are being purged from the voter rolls and not allowed to re-register. The modern Republican party does not want fair elections, does not care about election integrity, and frankly does not even want a representative democracy.

**voter IDs available free of charge from one bus in Montgomery, between the hours of 11AM and 1PM on the first Wednesday of the second month following the summer solstice

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Right. All that talk about how voter IDs** were needed to secure election integrity, and now.... *crickets*

But seriously, "voter fraud" was always intended to be the guise under which the GOP could disenfranchise liberals, young people, and minorities. When this was pointed out, conservatives balked. But look around. GOP-run states are closing polling places in big cities and other areas with dense minority populations. Texas is arresting people for trying to protect the right of college kids to vote. North Dakota wrote a law meant to disenfranchise Native Americans. Blacks in Georgia are being purged from the voter rolls and not allowed to re-register. The modern Republican party does not want fair elections, does not care about election integrity, and frankly does not even want a representative democracy.

**voter IDs available free of charge from one bus in Montgomery, between the hours of 11AM and 1PM on the first Wednesday of the second month following the summer solstice
they realized long ago they can't win with fair elections. they tried this same crap all through the w years, you know, that awesome era that has been conveniently erased from the collective conscience.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
they realized long ago they can't win with fair elections. they tried this same crap all through the w years, you know, that awesome era that has been conveniently erased from the collective conscience.
Not from mine - I still hate that little .....

GA is in a world of hurt. That’s an unfair tactic and I’m sure it’s against a law somewhere. Why hasn’t anyone brought charges? Is there something that can be done?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
GA is in a world of hurt. That’s an unfair tactic and I’m sure it’s against a law somewhere. Why hasn’t anyone brought charges? Is there something that can be done?
Yep. Strike. I keep saying this over and over. Peaceful demonstrations with everyone in the street.
Short of getting locked and loaded, there’s no other viable option that will work. Especially with who controls the government and the courts (now).
The only thing neither of them can force you to do is work; trying to do that will certainly bring the violence.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
538 just published a model for gubantorial elections, which gives Maddox a 1.3% chance of winning. The magic (R) is all you need in some states.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/governor/
Or like the (D) you need in other one party states like Cali and New York.

Had he ran as a republican, I believe Maddox would have beaten Ivey handily in the primary and would be the next governor. As it is, he’ll carry about 7 counties and lose by 30 points.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Had he ran as a republican, I believe Maddox would have beaten Ivey handily in the primary and would be the next governor. As it is, he’ll carry about 7 counties and lose by 30 points.
How many did Bentley win by?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

He did run as a Republican in the primary but did it under the name Tommy Battle.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
He did run as a Republican in the primary but did it under the name Tommy Battle.

Huh?

Tommy is a drab, old white guy and had low name recognition throughout the state. That’s what doomed him—NOT being a moderate republican. OTOH Maddox is young, enthusiastic, can relate to millennials and a diverse population, and is actually conservative on some issues. Not competing on the republican side AND embracing Medicare expansion is ultimately what will keep him in the mayors office in Tuscaloosa. No doubt in my mind that he would have beaten Ivey in a primary if he had competed as an R and towed the conservative line. Not saying that I agree with that, but I do believe that is the state of play.

Last edited:

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
538 just published a model for gubantorial elections, which gives Maddox a 1.3% chance of winning. The magic (R) is all you need in some states.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/governor/

From March of last year, but very apropos:

https://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/03/ostrich_14_people_who_could_be.html

It's funny because it's true.
(at the same time, it's also sad because it's true)

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
they are letting the gop speak for them
So to remove your name from the list requires three years of not voting and not responding to official State inquiries about why you aren't voting? Sounds like people are surpressing themselves, not the government doing it.

Why get out and vote when you can just play the victim with these headlines though?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.