GA Guv Race

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
I voted a couple of weeks ago in 10 mins. Why are these people waiting?
Wife went today with our son at 10am and it took them 30 minutes, but poll workers told her it was longer earlier (and some were in line at 5:30am to vote like waiting to get tickets for The Stones). Doubtless it was longer at noon, and in the 5-7 timeframe

I voted on Wednesday with our daughter and I was in and out in 10 minutes after they moved me to the front of the line. Would have been 30 minutes easily otherwise.

Regardless, it wasn’t a multi hour wait, and ultimately not bad.

Side note: I somehow broke one of the machines at my Clarke Co. precinct during the 2016 Presidential Election, and caused a 30 minute hold up. Line was pretty short when I showed up, but was in the schools parking lot by the time I left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Lol...,that’s pretty sad.

We trust our local govmts to set up and man voting booths, does not seem like a hard task to me. Yet year in and year out they fail miserably in some way or another in at least some major metro areas it seems, whether it’s not enough ballots, broken down machines, lack of enough voting booths, incompetent or uneducated government poll workers, etc. Do these people simply not have the ability or foresight to prevent problems like this and prepare contingency plans? If so then they have no business working in elections.

Last edited:

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.

We trust our local govmts to set up and man voting booths, does not seem like a hard task to me. Yet year in and year out they fail miserably in some way or another in at least some major metro areas it seems, whether it’s not enough ballots, broken down machines, lack of enough voting booths, incompetent or uneducated government poll workers, etc. Do these people simply not have the ability or foresight to prevent problems like this and prepare contingency plans? If so then they have no business working in elections.
Wonder if that could be a harbinger of gub'mint run.....anything?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

can't speak for anywhere else but in GA all these strange little problems seem to have occurred most where the percentage of white people was the lowest. It almost seemed intentional

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
can't speak for anywhere else but in GA all these strange little problems seem to have occurred most where the percentage of white people was the lowest. It almost seemed intentional
Wait, now the Dems are worried about election fraud?! I thought that was a right wing conspiracy...:)

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
As crazy as this is, it's apparently perfectly legal in GA.

Georgia’s secretary of state Brian Kemp doxes thousands of absentee voters

Georgia’s secretary of state and candidate for state governor in the midterm election, Brian Kemp, has taken the unusual, if not unprecedented step of posting the personal details of 291,164 absentee voters online for anyone to download.

Kemp’s office posted an Excel file on its website within hours of the results of the general election, exposing the names and addresses of state residents who mailed in an absentee ballot — including their reason why, such as if a person is “disabled” or “elderly.”

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Passing this along for the Georgia folks since the race is still being contested:

Absentee, early, and provisional voters in GA: Check if your votes were counted. Log into the GA my voter page at www.mvp.sos.ga.gov Under "Absentee ballot application," select "Click here for absentee ballot status" Make sure that you see "Status: Accepted" If you see your Status as anything other than “accepted,” contact the GA voter protection hotline at 1-888-730-5816 immediately

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I would like to know what type of person was against the victim’s rights law otherwise known as Marsy's Law. It only won with a little over 80% of the vote.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I doubt that it will matter much. I don't think GA is ready yet for a black woman Democrat to be governor.
Being there has never been a Black Woman Governor ever in the history of the US, that statement could be made about any state. The fact she is doing so well, I guess means maybe Georgia is ready. But, Not Stacy Abrams. Hearing her speak makes me cringe . I’m sorry if that offends so many of you, but I to was once a democrat. I am almost an ex Republican. I believe the time is right for a viable third party in this country .

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Not Stacy Abrams. Hearing her speak makes me cringe . I’m sorry if that offends so many of you, but I to was once a democrat.
i watched a couple of her speeches in the lead up to the elections. i really enjoy listening to her and think she would make a good governor for our state.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Being there has never been a Black Woman Governor ever in the history of the US, that statement could be made about any state. The fact she is doing so well, I guess means maybe Georgia is ready. But, Not Stacy Abrams. Hearing her speak makes me cringe . I’m sorry if that offends so many of you, but I to was once a democrat. I am almost an ex Republican. I believe the time is right for a viable third party in this country .
I'm a democrat turned republican turned independent. If I could never vote for D or R again it would be too soon.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
The time is right for a third party, but if it were only about timing it would already exist.
Libertarians and Greens have proven that it’s not just the money and organizational issues: who is this party? What do they stand for? What is their plan for America?
People are so intolerant of any “opinion” other than their own that you’d have a monumental task attracting enough voters to make it truly viable.
Example - I don’t believe in abortion. I don’t think it should be completely legal minus any restrictions, but I don’t think it should be totally illegal either.
I don’t think I’d be welcome in either current party, even if I wanted to join (under their current structure over my dead body).
I think all elections should be publicly funded, period, with contribution limits.
No corporations or pac’s buying and spreading mountains of lies. No one could run for office without participating in a series of debates.
What party should I belong to?
Not dissing your idea at all; I’ve long wanted to see some movement in that direction. I did encounter some just prior to the 2016 election, but they turned out to be just more extremists.
I just don’t think enough Americans are willing (and able) to make it a reality.
It would be a welcome change, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.