GA Guv Race - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: GA Guv Race

Re: GA Guv Race

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Lol...,that’s pretty sad.

We trust our local govmts to set up and man voting booths, does not seem like a hard task to me. Yet year in and year out they fail miserably in some way or another in at least some major metro areas it seems, whether it’s not enough ballots, broken down machines, lack of enough voting booths, incompetent or uneducated government poll workers, etc. Do these people simply not have the ability or foresight to prevent problems like this and prepare contingency plans? If so then they have no business working in elections.
    can't speak for anywhere else but in GA all these strange little problems seem to have occurred most where the percentage of white people was the lowest. It almost seemed intentional
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    can't speak for anywhere else but in GA all these strange little problems seem to have occurred most where the percentage of white people was the lowest. It almost seemed intentional
    Wait, now the Dems are worried about election fraud?! I thought that was a right wing conspiracy...

Quote Originally Posted by Bama 8Ball View Post
    Wait, now the Dems are worried about election fraud?! I thought that was a right wing conspiracy...
    voter suppression not fraud
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

As crazy as this is, it's apparently perfectly legal in GA.

Georgia’s secretary of state Brian Kemp doxes thousands of absentee voters

Georgia’s secretary of state and candidate for state governor in the midterm election, Brian Kemp, has taken the unusual, if not unprecedented step of posting the personal details of 291,164 absentee voters online for anyone to download.

Kemp’s office posted an Excel file on its website within hours of the results of the general election, exposing the names and addresses of state residents who mailed in an absentee ballot — including their reason why, such as if a person is “disabled” or “elderly.”

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post

another garbage human being. and the gop is all in with his crap
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post

Whoever is the first to he targeted by robberies or violent crimes due to their info being put out there should sue.
    To work, they have to catch the perpetrators as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Passing this along for the Georgia folks since the race is still being contested:

Absentee, early, and provisional voters in GA: Check if your votes were counted. Log into the GA my voter page at www.mvp.sos.ga.gov Under "Absentee ballot application," select "Click here for absentee ballot status" Make sure that you see "Status: Accepted" If you see your Status as anything other than “accepted,” contact the GA voter protection hotline at 1-888-730-5816 immediately

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

So who's in charge now?
    https://twitter.com/AP/status/1060548577733328898?s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Tide in Athens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Passing this along for the Georgia folks since the race is still being contested:
    My early vote was accepted.

Not surprising because I’m a 30-something, white, male, upper-lower middle class type. (Possible blue font).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome to our nightmare, Alice.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar

A reminder on why we need to wait for all the absentee ballots to be counted in a close race.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/dem-wi...ature-victory/

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

I would like to know what type of person was against the victim’s rights law otherwise known as Marsy's Law. It only won with a little over 80% of the vote.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    I doubt that it will matter much. I don't think GA is ready yet for a black woman Democrat to be governor.
    Being there has never been a Black Woman Governor ever in the history of the US, that statement could be made about any state. The fact she is doing so well, I guess means maybe Georgia is ready. But, Not Stacy Abrams. Hearing her speak makes me cringe . I’m sorry if that offends so many of you, but I to was once a democrat. I am almost an ex Republican. I believe the time is right for a viable third party in this country .
    Last edited by bamaga; November 9th, 2018 at 10:04 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........