Possiblity changes at OL per Matt Zenitz

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Re: Possiblity changes at OL per Matt zenitz

Tennessee being terrible or not, the Alabama OL looked more fluid. They gel'ed together, picking up blitzes and sliding coverages like they have not in the first six games.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I appreciate you and your presence on this board...and this isn’t intended to rub salt...but Purdue wasn’t highly thought of either...and look what they did to tOSU. We shouldn’t discount the level of play based upon the assumed level of competition played against. I’m old enough to have seen Bama “play down to its competition” too many times in the past to do this any longer.

I agree, but TN is terrible. Still happy for Brown, though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I appreciate you and your presence on this board...and this isn’t intended to rub salt...but Purdue wasn’t highly thought of either...and look what they did to tOSU. We shouldn’t discount the level of play based upon the assumed level of competition played against. I’m old enough to have seen Bama “play down to its competition” too many times in the past to do this any longer.
Great point.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Tennessee being terrible or not, the Alabama OL looked more fluid. They gel'ed together, picking up blitzes and sliding coverages like they have not in the first six games.
Tua literally had eight seconds on the first touchdown pass.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I would argue that the starting line of 2018 is more talented than the 2012 unit. Williams, Brown, Pierschbacher, Leatherwood and Wills were outstanding. And there is tremendous competition for starting jobs. That unit will be tested the final three SEC games but IMO they are big time players.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Would be interesting to know Brown`s grade. If he runs with the 1`s when the team returns to practice, that could well be the staring O line the rest of the way. I thought they looked dominant, even considering the less than LSU D line they were up against in UT. Still, a good " break in " for a line with a new starter perhaps.

I would argue that the starting line of 2018 is more talented than the 2012 unit. Williams, Brown, Pierschbacher, Leatherwood and Wills were outstanding. And there is tremendous competition for starting jobs. That unit will be tested the final three SEC games but IMO they are big time players.
Speaking of Leatherwood. I feel like he was outstanding yesterday. Finally seems like he is beginning to figure out this guard thing. He and Wills are really beginning to look good in all areas.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Would be interesting to know Brown`s grade. If he runs with the 1`s when the team returns to practice, that could well be the staring O line the rest of the way. I thought they looked dominant, even considering the less than LSU D line they were up against in UT. Still, a good " break in " for a line with a new starter perhaps.
Should come out tonight or tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He didn't get a grade... interesting. I posted the grade in the other thread.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Deonte just needs to know what his assignment is on every play. He is hard to beat if he knows you're the one he has to block.
Too many times this year #66 virtually tackled his guy. He seemed to have peaked and just couldn't move his feet quick enough. This move was for the best I think.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The improvement in line play on Saturday was significant, but as some have already alluded to the critical juncture for them will be what lies ahead. LSU and barn D lines are top shelf and State always plays us very physically. Will be interesting to see how effective they are in preventing qb sacks and hurries in those games. One advantage I think they have is Tua does not need a lot of time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.