Possiblity changes at OL per Matt Zenitz

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm at work and can't access twitter from laptop, but I will upload screenshot shortly. Matt Zenitz reporting that there may be a change at left guard spot. Cotton has been struggling and it's a possibility to see Deonte Brown to get a chance, maybe this week.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Re: Possiblity changes at OL per Matt zenitz

If they are going to make a move, do it now so there will be time to mesh before going to LSU.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Didn't he have an ankle injury?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Being much promoted as a recruit, I really thought LC would grow and develop into the position, unfortunately and for whatever reason it simply hasn’t happened. I can’t count the times I’ve noticed him getting beat or outmaneuvered at the line. This is no surprise to me.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Being much promoted as a recruit, I really thought LC would grow and develop into the position, unfortunately and for whatever reason it simply hasn’t happened. I can’t count the times I’ve noticed him getting beat or outmaneuvered at the line. This is no surprise to me.
Last year. I've screamed for cotton to be replaced and then when he switched to left guard, I was okay with it. I thought he improved a lot this season, it is just that he's not always consistent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
just watched the practice video on youtube from yesterday. My heart kind of sunk a little when I saw LC with the 2nd team OL. I hate it for LC because he has payed so much over the past couple of years as a starter, but it is what it is. DB must be making strides and you've gotta put the best one out there. Take it to 'em, DB!

Here's to hoping it all comes together for Cotton and this is just a bump in the road for him. As a local boy, I know he wants to do well in front of the hometown.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

Deonte Brown could turn into one of our best guards ever. With his strength (675lb squat) he just needs playing reps. He had the discipline to lose 40 pounds of unnecessary weight.

“Power-wise, he’s pretty freaky,” Key said of Brown.
Bart Starr Most Improved Player Award- after spring.
Did I mention - squatted 675 pounds during last year’s spring testing, outlifting eventual first-round NFL draft pick Da’Ron Payne?

Gonna keep my eye on him.

:BigA:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Deonte Brown could turn into one of our best guards ever. With his strength (675lb squat) he just needs playing reps. He had the discipline to lose 40 pounds of unnecessary weight.

Did I mention - squatted 675 pounds during last year’s spring testing, outlifting eventual first-round NFL draft pick Da’Ron Payne?

Was just about to mention this. He’s one of, if not THE, strongest guys on the team. Excited to see him move some DL around.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

I've watched him in several games this year. He is the best on the line at pushing people in the run. Very strong. Have wondered why he is not playing. Just haven't had a lot of need for pass protection when he has played, so will have to see about that.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Needless to say, albeit being 12RC, Brown was impressive. The run game seemed much smoother with him in there and he was rock solid on pass pro. I'm glad he got this start on the road yesterday, and will (I assume) get two full weeks of 1st team reps before going to Red Stick.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

I thought yesterday was the best game of the year for the OL. Happy for Brown !

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.