How much damage could Jeudy do to Tennessee ?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Jeremy Pruitt knows that he has to pressure Tua. Its their only chance. He will bring the house often. ( I suspect we will burn them a few times.... but they may get to Tua a few times also.)
I'm not sure they have the personnel to do it, honestly. Bama's pass pro has been solid, and UT's D isn't a rock solid unit. They can bring heat, but it's likely to get picked up unless they leave everyone outside in man coverage with no safety help, which is almost a guaranteed six with Tua in the game...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Tua will play. Jeudy will catch some passes.
Question is will Tennessee sell out to stop the long ball?
Will Jeudy get double coverage most of the game?

I expect Tennessee to come after Tua as often as they can.
What I expect to happen is some other Receiver will eat their lunch.
I expect Tennessee to try to stop the run up the middle too.

I expect we will beat Tennessee by 35-40 points, before Coach calls off the dogs.

Bryant0086

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2009
Jacobs is to Alabama what Manu Ginobili in his prime was to the Spurs. (For those who have not seen Ginobili play, I honestly feel sorry for you) Josh looks pedestrian on the stat sheet at times, but watch him in a game and he is amazing. Josh does a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheet and he has a great feel for the line to gain and the end zone. He is one of my favorite players Bama has.

Josh Jacobs has become a major weapon for this team. As a runner, receiver and returner. I can't believe he isn't discussed more by national pundits.

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
Jeudy's definitely turning out to be another truly great receiver and looks to be on the same trajectory as Julio, Amari, and Ridley.

I've also been impressed with Najee stepping up this year. He and Damien are pretty much neck and neck (with Najee having a slight edge).

Last edited:

Bryant0086

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2009
I think Bama will try to be balanced offensively. Auburn had 126 yards rushing against Tennessee and they don't have near the talent Alabama does at RB. Teams are averaging 4.5 ypc and 153 yards per game against the Vols. This is the "new" Bama, and though we aren't going to see a conservative run based clock management type game, I think given Tua's injury and Tennessee's porous run defense, we will see more runs than normal. I have no problem with that......... Of course, this is only a guess, but I really want to see Josh Jacobs break a big one. He is overdue. I would even like to see Robinson get a carry or two with the first O-line in, or Damien break a big one.

Chechem

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2018
Deep South
I think Bama will try to be balanced offensively. Auburn had 126 yards rushing against Tennessee and they don't have near the talent Alabama does at RB. Teams are averaging 4.5 ypc and 153 yards per game against the Vols. This is the "new" Bama, and though we aren't going to see a conservative run based clock management type game, I think given Tua's injury and Tennessee's porous run defense, we will see more runs than normal. I have no problem with that......... Of course, this is only a guess, but I really want to see Josh Jacobs break a big one. He is overdue. I would even like to see Robinson get a carry or two with the first O-line in, or Damien break a big one.
Boy are we spoiled. :biggrin2: Not like the rivalry of old! Like a Christmas wish list of long runs and WR highlights. Times have changed!

I also expect Tenn to lose badly, but have a more limited list: Bama to win; no further injuries; and Tua to be healthy.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No it is not about Tua. Tua is probably the best QB in college football, but he is one of MANY talented student athletes that plays for Alabama.
I mean his stats - their stats. Those stats aren't close at Alabama without Tua.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Boy are we spoiled. :biggrin2: Not like the rivalry of old! Like a Christmas wish list of long runs and WR highlights. Times have changed!

I also expect Tenn to lose badly, but have a more limited list: Bama to win; no further injuries; and Tua to be healthy.
My list also is to win, have no injuries, and protect Tua. Last time I checked there is an 80 percent chance of rain. I sure hope that changes. Wild things can happen in those type games (plays and injuries).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Going back to 2007, Alabama's leading WR in the Tennessee game averages 7.8 catches, 129.7 yards, and .7 TDs for the game. The only time the leading WR didn't go over 80 yards was Julio in 2009.

Six of the 11 games have seen two WRs with more than 50 yards, and two other games had three WRs eclipse 50 yards.

If Saban allows them to continue the pass game (no reason to believe he won't), Jeudy and HR3/Waddle should have a great day.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Going back to 2007, Alabama's leading WR in the Tennessee game averages 7.8 catches, 129.7 yards, and .7 TDs for the game. The only time the leading WR didn't go over 80 yards was Julio in 2009.

Six of the 11 games have seen two WRs with more than 50 yards, and two other games had three WRs eclipse 50 yards.

If Saban allows them to continue the pass game (no reason to believe he won't), Jeudy and HR3/Waddle should have a great day.
Would love to see Shavers make some plays. He looks the part physically.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Think about how good Julio Jones, Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley were against the Vols. They had less talented quarterbacks throwing them the ball than Tua and that's not debatable. Jeudy could possibly have a big game if we want him to. He is absolutely outstanding. If they decide to double him with a safety that leaves Ruggs, Waddle and others open. It would be even more interesting if a back up like Shavers or Kief comes up big. Should be fun to watch.
BAM - you dead.
-Coach P (The Unofficial Assistant)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.