How much damage could Jeudy do to Tennessee ?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Think about how good Julio Jones, Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley were against the Vols. They had less talented quarterbacks throwing them the ball than Tua and that's not debatable. Jeudy could possibly have a big game if we want him to. He is absolutely outstanding. If they decide to double him with a safety that leaves Ruggs, Waddle and others open. It would be even more interesting if a back up like Shavers or Kief comes up big. Should be fun to watch.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Think about how good Julio Jones, Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley were against the Vols. They had less talented quarterbacks throwing them the ball than Tua and that's not debatable. Jeudy could possibly have a big game if we want him to. He is absolutely outstanding. If they decide to double him with a safety that leaves Ruggs, Waddle and others open. It would be even more interesting if a back up like Shavers or Kief comes up big. Should be fun to watch.
Jeudy will have a great game against Tennessee. I hope he can avoid injury though. We must have him and everyone else 100 percent healthy for LSU. I hope BAMA gets a big enough lead in the first half that all 2nd stringers on Offense and Defense can play most of 3rd/all of 4th quarter.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Like you guys have said, if Tua plays the first quarter only, we end the quarter up 2-3 touchdowns, at the least. Take out Tua, and keep the gas pedal pushed down except with Jalen. Then, if halftime is showing blowout, THEN we can work on some other things. UT will come out thinking they can beat the world. Auburn isn't the world. It's not even Lee County.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Depends on who is open. Could be Irv Smith, could be Ruggs, could be Jeudy, could be Waddle...and if last week taught us anything it could also be Jalen Hurts.

I think Jeudy gets his touches but Tua usually gives the ball to the guy who is the most open and is going to do the most damage on any given play. Let them double Jerry at their own demise.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Depends on who is open. Could be Irv Smith, could be Ruggs, could be Jeudy, could be Waddle...and if last week taught us anything it could also be Jalen Hurts.

I think Jeudy gets his touches but Tua usually gives the ball to the guy who is the most open and is going to do the most damage on any given play. Let them double Jerry at their own demise.
Josh Jacobs has become a major weapon for this team. As a runner, receiver and returner. I can't believe he isn't discussed more by national pundits.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Josh Jacobs has become a major weapon for this team. As a runner, receiver and returner. I can't believe he isn't discussed more by national pundits.
He gets lots of love from the announcers but he's one of many extremely talented players. It's hard to gush over him when Tua is spinning dimes, Damien Harris is on the verge of breaking records, Devonta, Jeudy, Ruggs, and Irv Smith are running wild.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
He gets lots of love from the announcers but he's one of many extremely talented players. It's hard to gush over him when Tua is spinning dimes, Damien Harris is on the verge of breaking records, Devonta, Jeudy, Ruggs, and Irv Smith are running wild.
Would really love to see Kief, Shavers and other back ups show out this weekend to add into the depth if Smith can't go. Also have to love the depth of the offensive line. Brown, Owens and Womack are valuable back ups. Oh and to include Jalen at back up QB makes this offense unlike any that I've seen at Alabama. I truly believe our team stopped themselves against Missouri's defense last week at times.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Jeudy has been the most consistently productive player on offense outside of Tua. I think that likely continues this game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To state the obvious, Tua does not play favorites. He throws to the open man. Coverage will determine who happens to be open, Tua will hit him, and that receiver will run for a long time because TN does not have competent CBs. You could easily have multiple receivers with more than 100 yards receiving in this and every game with Tua back there.

As good as these receivers are, this is really about Tua.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
To state the obvious, Tua does not play favorites. He throws to the open man. Coverage will determine who happens to be open, Tua will hit him, and that receiver will run for a long time because TN does not have competent CBs. You could easily have multiple receivers with more than 100 yards receiving in this and every game with Tua back there.

As good as these receivers are, this is really about Tua.
I agree. He makes it look like pass and catch it's so effortless. Just an outstanding talent. I hope he's closer to 100% for LSU and the stretch run.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
It will depend on who is throwing him the ball. If it’s Tua, Katy bar the door. If it’s Jalen throwing mid-range he’ll probably still catch some passes but won’t have as big of an impact.

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm sure CJP will dial up pressure to see if he can get Tua and Jalen to rush passing. CNS already knows this, which may be whats behind the possible news about movement on the line this week.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Jeremy Pruitt knows that he has to pressure Tua. Its their only chance. He will bring the house often. ( I suspect we will burn them a few times.... but they may get to Tua a few times also.)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Jeremy Pruitt knows that he has to pressure Tua. Its their only chance. He will bring the house often. ( I suspect we will burn them a few times.... but they may get to Tua a few times also.)
That would be a deathwish.....he makes decisions too fast.

His best bet would be to play zone and hope for the best......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.