2019 Prospect: 2019 5 star LB Henry To'oto'o chooses Tennessee - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718
    BamaNation First Team

Re: 2019 5 star LB Henry To'oto'o chooses Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    I am much more excited about the ones we got and not really concerned with this one. It all works out in the end.
    Bama would have been a better team with HT and Bogle but will still be a better team than utk and uga.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    told us in home he was coming....that's why we cancelled Heimuli visit. He screwed us over.
    If that’s the case then it’s probably best he went somewhere else. I certainly wouldn’t cancel another visit next time around just to make sure they are covered in case crap like this happens again

BamaNation All-American

told us in home he was coming....that's why we cancelled Heimuli visit. He screwed us over.
    In hindsight...a bit of naiveté ?

BamaNation All-American

I wonder why we cancelled? After all we are talking about 17-18 year olds. It certainly isn't about budget.

I bet we don't do that again...

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    I wonder why we cancelled? After all we are talking about 17-18 year olds. It certainly isn't about budget.

Prolly wasn't as much about time and budget as it was being courteous and honest with Heimuli. Unfortunate for both parties to suffer from obvious dishonesty.
    "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that.
    It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
    PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Deliberate sabotage Truthfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We had two of these last year that I know of, so I’m glad this was the only one.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Deliberate sabotage Truthfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If this is true, then it wouldn't surprise me to find out Pumpkin Phil set it up. "just tell them your going to BAMA, then announce us tomorrow. It will really mess them up". I find it very hard to wish anybody well that does this, 18 years old or 48 years old.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    If this is true, then it wouldn't surprise me to find out Pumpkin Phil set it up. "just tell them your going to BAMA, then announce us tomorrow. It will really mess them up". I find it very hard to wish anybody well that does this, 18 years old or 48 years old.
    Yeah, if the guy had doubts he should have just said he was going elsewhere......

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post

It's about being honest with the kids and showing some class. The staff thought To'oto'o was in so why not be up front and honest with Heimuli they obliviously only had room for the one. I for one am glad that our staff is honest with these kids even if it does cost us a player every so often. I would rather see that happen then for them to lie to kids just to get them on board, we all have seen how those situations work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    It's about being honest with the kids and showing some class. The staff thought To'oto'o was in so why not be up front and honest with Heimuli they obliviously only had room for the one. I for one am glad that our staff is honest with these kids even if it does cost us a player every so often. I would rather see that happen then for them to lie to kids just to get them on board, we all have seen how those situations work out.
    I’m going to say this at the risk of possibly offending some. Pruitt is a Bama guy, a fantastic coach and terrific recruiter. But Jeremy has always given me an “uneasy” feeling. Even when transitioned back to Bama from UGA as the DC.

IIRC Pruitt was the lead recruiter for TJ Yeldon when he made the 11th hour flip to Bama from Auburn just before the dead period. I know all is fair in love, war and recruiting but I wouldn’t be surprised if Pruitt told him to stay quiet and orchestrated this.