2019 Prospect: 2019 5 star LB Henry To'oto'o chooses Tennessee

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Re: 2019 5 star LB Henry To'oto'o

there are already some very good olbs in this class that may play quickly next year. We have been light on OLBs, mostly due to losing both allen and miller (both back next year)

Anoma has played in most games late, but hes had some issues keeping contain and seems to draw a horsecaller or personal everytime he gets on the field.Though hes also flashed a lot, he has looked fantastic and shown his inexperience often at the same time. He'll be a very good linebacker once he catches up to the level of play. There is also Jerez Parks who may grow into a DE (or may already be listed at DE) he should get playing time next year as an outside guy, parks is probably built better to hold the edge on run plays like jennings.
Don't forget Latu. Like Anoma needs some mass to hold the edge, but could be situational rusher. in this class of those who are likely JLB/pass rush/edge guys, harris and mwikuta are likely like Anoma and latu and will need time with Cochran before they are true edge setters, but could be early factors as situational rushers. Eboigbe is the most likely to be ready to step into a real rotational role and be able to both set the edge and be a pass rush guy.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Don't forget Latu. Like Anoma needs some mass to hold the edge, but could be situational rusher. in this class of those who are likely JLB/pass rush/edge guys, harris and mwikuta are likely like Anoma and latu and will need time with Cochran before they are true edge setters, but could be early factors as situational rushers. Eboigbe is the most likely to be ready to step into a real rotational role and be able to both set the edge and be a pass rush guy.
Might be wrong, but I believe Christian Harris will be an ILB at Bama.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Might be wrong, but I believe Christian Harris will be an ILB at Bama.
You are right - Christian Harris is slated to be an ILB. KEVIN Harris is slated to start his career at OLB. I should have used the first name in my post to avoid confusion

very much excited about C Harris also. Kid has great speed (having been a WR/CB) and has size for LB - might even be able to slim up just a few pounds to gain even more speed/explosiveness. Probably just special teams for him early as he figures out what it means to be an ILB, but if he keeps that speed and explosiveness there's a lot of potential there.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Are we going to have room for To’oto’o? There seems to be a lot of kids committing!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Are we going to have room for To’oto’o? There seems to be a lot of kids committing!
We currently have 23 signees and 5 committments but we are thinking Williams will be going elsewhere now so that is 27 signees/commits. Some thought we would take 28-30 in this class with some backcounting against last years class and some may be asked to grey/blueshirt. We still have room for at least three and To'oto'o and Sopsher are definitely two and the big DT out of NJ would possibly be another one.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Hard to believe any of these kids are going to wait to be on scholarship, but the numbers say at least some of them will. Coach is being relentless in building this roster for the future.

Rtr

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Hard to believe any of these kids are going to wait to be on scholarship, but the numbers say at least some of them will. Coach is being relentless in building this roster for the future.

Rtr
Yep but we had a top 100 player from 2017 wait to come in 2018. OLB but can't pull his name.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Rtr
The future is now friend. Killin' it on the trail this year!!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Mack Wilson declaring help us here?
I would think so and Dylan most likely gone after next year. He is playing in the Polynesian Bowl and we have a lot of signees in the game including Taulia and Sanders and I am sure they will be recruiting him. He OV's on 1/25 and that will be important in his decision. I think we get him.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Tenn is a threat... we get last visit, however.
Vols are indeed a threat esp. with a defensive mind as HC ( Pruitt).
but with Alabama's great track record of putting ILB in the NFL, Mack departing, a big need at the position, and a roster full of Polynesians ( Tua, Taulia, Kaho, Latu, Musica) , I like the Tide here for HT commitment on NSD.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Vols are indeed a threat esp. with a defensive mind as HC ( Pruitt).
but with Alabama's great track record of putting ILB in the NFL, Mack departing, a big need at the position, and a roster full of Polynesians ( Tua, Taulia, Kaho, Latu, Musica) , I like the Tide here for HT commitment on NSD.
Hope you are right..........I think Bama gets him as well

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

To'oto'o has stated his last OV will be in Tuscaloosa. You can bet your lei, the Polynesian contingency will be looking out for him during the OV!
After that, The GOAT, Tosh ( De La Salle alum ) and Golding will pay him a home visit just before NSD. Make no mistake, he has Alabama's full attention..

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.