2019 Prospect: **** 2019 5 star DL Ishmael Sopsher SIGNS with Bama **** - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar

Re: 2019 5 star DL Ismael Sopsher

I have a feeling this won't be a complete deal breaker for us, and may get two d linemen out of it.

BamaNation All-American

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    I have a feeling this won't be a complete deal breaker for us, and may get two d linemen out of it.
    Maybe unexpected attrition will help. Saban also seems to be signing more than we've estimated here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    big bro doesn't look like he could contribute without something significant happening in his development. He's not even big enough to be an OLB yet only has NT speed. Best case a practice squad kid so unless we completely wiff on someone else and just have a scholly to burn not sure it makes sense.

I remember with Keenan Allen we didn’t bite on his brother so he went to Cali. from SC I believe. We were recruiting him as a DB as I recall.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtgilbert View Post
    big bro doesn't look like he could contribute without something significant happening in his development. He's not even big enough to be an OLB yet only has NT speed. Best case a practice squad kid so unless we completely wiff on someone else and just have a scholly to burn not sure it makes sense.
    And what kind of message does that send to preferred walk-ons if you hand this kid a scholly? It is the kind of thing that creates locker room problems.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    And what kind of message does that send to preferred walk-ons if you hand this kid a scholly? It is the kind of thing that creates locker room problems.
    I agree completely. I know we took Anfrenee Jennings little brother, but he was ranked well as an athlete and had some of the measurables to be able to be a contributor, it just didn't pan out for him after the knee issue.

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

I think he will end up at Bama and big brother will be a PWO. Fat barber wins.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LSUgrad2BamaDad View Post
    Huh?

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LSUgrad2BamaDad View Post
    Is Fat Barber the barber that drives from Louisiana to T-town to give Devonta Smith haircuts? Ismael is from the same town.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    So, when he says that Alabama does not lead (and he just said that), it is just him trying to get his brother a scholly at Alabama?
    Its like CNS told Julio at the very beginning of the dynasty, Well win with you or without you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Is Fat Barber the barber that drives from Louisiana to T-town to give Devonta Smith haircuts? Ismael is from the same town.
    Yes.

Here is the al.com article on him. https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2018/10/inside-the-tiny-louisiana-town-that-is-a-battleground-for-lsu-and-alabama
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

FB|BB Moderator

I don’t see Saban being held hostage for a scholarship for big brother. Orgeron, maybe. Not Saban.

He’s a preferred walk-on, or the Sopshers end up somewhere other than Tuscaloosa.

I really don’t like a HS senior trying to dictate how we run our program. I also hope Sopsher ends up in Crimson. But it won’t be on terms dictated by an 18-year-old.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.