2019 Prospect: **** 2019 5 star DL Ishmael Sopsher SIGNS with Bama ****

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Re: 2019 5 star DL Ismael Sopsher

Bama needs Ish and Ish needs Bama if he wants to play championship football. Depth on the DL is imperative but I think Ish is good enough to start.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

The 3 position on Aranda’s DL in the 3-4 is still “inside” when the rush OLB is on your side.
I understand Bama can sign 28 this year. Tidefans shows 23 have already signed a LOI leaving 5 open spots. Coming into today, you had 3 committed but not signed in Young, Williams and Robinson. Today you added Banks and Bogle. Seemingly, that’s it unless I’m missing something.

Who’s getting processed to make room for Ish and/or To’oto’o? Who else is out there? DeVonta lee seemingly wants Bama, but there’s no room at the inn.

I find roster management in CFB fascinating.
that’s pretty much any 3-4. Depending on the offensive formation . at Alabama the Jack, in our Case Jennings , almost always lines up like a lineman in the 5 or 7 and the WDE in the 3 or 5 , of course on the strong side I have seen the SDE occasionally line up in the 7 or even 9 on obvious passing downs. I wouldn’t expect anyone as big as Ish to ever line up that wide. Did you know the numbering system used today throughout football for defensive linemen gap assignment was invented by Bear Bryant . It was so Bama’s linemen knew exactly how to line up on the Olineman to control their gap responsibility! Great teacher, BEAR BRYANT!

Last edited:

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA

Big Brother Rodney is playing Juco ball again in 2019. Package deal is out at least for this cycle. Shaping up more and more like Ish will be in crimson. I like that LSU isn't forced to used a scholarship on Rodney, although we were prepared to do so.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Any news on Sopsher? Everywhere I look I see LSU or 50/50. I know the home school draw can also be overwhelming.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

He didn’t play in the Polynesian bowl. Wore Jersey on sideline. Injury?

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018

according to those who know about these things, our chances with sopsher have increased, gotta keep byron young, pickering is a just a good dream in my mind, he sticks with miss state, but if we get his DL coach from state, who knows what could happen.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I thought I read he was in T-town this weekend....
Regardless, he’s dropping on recruiting boards due to his practice/play in all star games against top level talent.
Apparently word has it he’s backing off the demand that his brother gets a scholly too.
We’ll know soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I thought I read he was in T-town this weekend....
Regardless, he’s dropping on recruiting boards due to his practice/play in all star games against top level talent.
Apparently word has it he’s backing off the demand that his brother gets a scholly too.
We’ll know soon.

Pretty sure his brother has to stay another year in JUCO because of grades. Not positive, though.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

I read the same thing. His brother is a '20 recruit, and no-longer a package deal. Helps us a good bit...RTR!
Pretty sure his brother has to stay another year in JUCO because of grades. Not positive, though.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Is the general consensus that Ish will probably need a year of " body work " before he`s ready to contribute?

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018

according to those who know about these things, our chances with sopsher have increased, gotta keep byron young, pickering is a just a good dream in my mind, he sticks with miss state, but if we get his DL coach from state, who knows what could happen.
updating my own post, looks like baker is coming to the tide, maybe that does help with pickering.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Golding went to see Sopsher Monday night following his OV this past weekend. CNS saw him last week.
FYI, Sopsher did not take his OV to Ole Miss after Bama's OV.
his last OV will be at LSU this weekend.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Golding went to see Sopsher Monday night following his OV this past weekend. CNS saw him last week.
FYI, Sopsher did not take his OV to Ole Miss after Bama's OV.
his last OV will be at LSU this weekend.
I would have felt better about him coming if Bama had been his last visit.
Ogre’s gonna be carrying a huge Gris-Gris bag, and the coubion and alligator sauce piquant will be hard to resist.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I would have felt better about him coming if Bama had been his last visit.
Ogre’s gonna be carrying a huge Gris-Gris bag, and the coubion and alligator sauce piquant will be hard to resist.

We have a very good track record pulling high profile kids out of LA and specifically the Amite area. Ogre is the underdog on this one and I think he comes to T-town.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.