2019 5 star DL Ismael Sopsher - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: 2019 5 star DL Ismael Sopsher

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Absolutely true, TJ. I would submit that " skill " position players that depend in large measure on quickness and footspeed have a better chance to excel, even coming from smaller schools and towns like Amite. Truly large guys, through their sheer size sometimes can dominate until they hit the level of an elite all star game. IS, receiving the coaching and conditioning to which you refer, might well be an all American D lineman. If he comes to Bama I certainly hope so!
    They are all still competing against small town 1A players and the other skill guys they compete against are not as skilled so they are competing against lesser opponents just like the big boys. Plus I don't see the top tier programs that are drooling to get his signature are wrong.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

To those hating on Ish go back and see what Payne did at UA and then started at bama.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    To those hating on Ish go back and see what Payne did at UA and then started at bama.
    Payne was a heck of a player...... hope Bama lands Ish

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Payne was a heck of a player...... hope Bama lands Ish
    As do I. Hope Jam wasn`t including me by my comments discussing the competition as " hating on Ish " ( rather strong terminology ).

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    As do I. Hope Jam wasn`t including me by my comments discussing the competition as " hating on Ish " ( rather strong terminology ).
    not you

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Bama needs Ish and Ish needs Bama if he wants to play championship football. Depth on the DL is imperative but I think Ish is good enough to start.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

Quote Originally Posted by LSUgrad2BamaDad View Post
    The 3 position on Aranda’s DL in the 3-4 is still “inside” when the rush OLB is on your side.
    I understand Bama can sign 28 this year. Tidefans shows 23 have already signed a LOI leaving 5 open spots. Coming into today, you had 3 committed but not signed in Young, Williams and Robinson. Today you added Banks and Bogle. Seemingly, that’s it unless I’m missing something.

Who’s getting processed to make room for Ish and/or To’oto’o? Who else is out there? DeVonta lee seemingly wants Bama, but there’s no room at the inn.

I find roster management in CFB fascinating.
    that’s pretty much any 3-4. Depending on the offensive formation . at Alabama the Jack, in our Case Jennings , almost always lines up like a lineman in the 5 or 7 and the WDE in the 3 or 5 , of course on the strong side I have seen the SDE occasionally line up in the 7 or even 9 on obvious passing downs. I wouldn’t expect anyone as big as Ish to ever line up that wide. Did you know the numbering system used today throughout football for defensive linemen gap assignment was invented by Bear Bryant . It was so Bama’s linemen knew exactly how to line up on the Olineman to control their gap responsibility! Great teacher, BEAR BRYANT!
    Last edited by bamaga; January 10th, 2019 at 08:22 AM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Big Brother Rodney is playing Juco ball again in 2019. Package deal is out at least for this cycle. Shaping up more and more like Ish will be in crimson. I like that LSU isn't forced to used a scholarship on Rodney, although we were prepared to do so.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Any news on Sopsher? Everywhere I look I see LSU or 50/50. I know the home school draw can also be overwhelming.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

He didn’t play in the Polynesian bowl. Wore Jersey on sideline. Injury?
    to 16 and beyond........

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    He didn’t play in the Polynesian bowl. Wore Jersey on sideline. Injury?
    yes, shoulder