2019 Prospect: **** 2019 5 star DL Ishmael Sopsher SIGNS with Bama ****

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Re: 2019 5 star DL Ismael Sopsher

He's going to school with his JuCo brother no matter what...Like I said in another thread...

Good Luck wherever you land. We'll win with you, and we'll win without you. But we sure as heck aren't taking your demands to bring on your JuCo brother.

***LSU has offered both he and his brother, and most SEC schools are right behind with that offer as well...
Link is broken, what happened?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

6'3" 255 SDE...No rankings of any sort. SW Miss CC...Only two schools of interest are LSWho and Grambling State.LSWho was the only one of the two to offer...Hmmm...
What do we know about the brother?

Last edited:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

So if this kid is saying he will play with his brother, and LSU is the only school that has offered then we can pretty much draw a conclusion he will be wearing purple and gold next season.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

So if this kid is saying he will play with his brother, and LSU is the only school that has offered then we can pretty much draw a conclusion he will be wearing purple and gold next season.
Well, I would assume it would come down to full ride vs. preferred walk on. If LSU offered the brother a full scholarship, the staff will have to decide if IS is worth matching that. I`d say, though, that the chances he`s in crimson went WAY down. That`s provided, of course, that it`s not a bluff.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Doesn't appear so...This is what I put up a little while ago.
"6'3" 255 SDE...No rankings of any sort. SW Miss CC...Only two schools of interest are LSWho and Grambling State.LSWho was the only one of the two to offer...Hmmm..."
I'm trying to figure out how his brother factors into him coming to Alabama here. Is the brother real good?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

yall need to stop he's trying to get his brother a scholarship. Bama leads.
So, when he says that Alabama does not lead (and he just said that), it is just him trying to get his brother a scholly at Alabama?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

bama isn't going to offer his brother a scholarship maybe pwo. He's doing what a lot of athletes are doing trying to get family or friends a scholarship. Look at UF with sanders brother etc. Allen was different because his brother was eh back in the day. Cal deemed him worth it. Ish wont sign until feb nor announce, why because if someone sends his brother papers they are on the hook.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

JMO, but if a team sets aside 2 spots for him and he chooses to go elsewhere, they not only lose him, but they might also lose another really good recruit that you slow-played. Playing this game with a recruit is too risky.

He does not have to sign with you, no matter how much he promises that he will.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Oh well, if its a package deal then I think he goes to LSU. I don't like it when recruits start putting contingency riders on their recruitment.

I don't think that his brother will get an offer from Bama, especially with the others that seem to be in line in this class. Numbers seem too tight to basically give one away. Time to find the next Q, and he's probably not it.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Right, so we are split in how we've handled it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
but with Dareus, there was no real risk in him taking up a spot since we knew he would not be able to enroll. If this kid has done his juco time then he'd be likely to be able to enroll and consume a spot. As mush as I'd like little bro on campus, I'm not sure he'd be worth two schollys.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Oh well, if its a package deal then I think he goes to LSU. I don't like it when recruits start putting contingency riders on their recruitment.

I don't think that his brother will get an offer from Bama, especially with the others that seem to be in line in this class. Numbers seem too tight to basically give one away. Time to find the next Q, and he's probably not it.
He said he will not go to a school unless his brother is coming to the same school. I think Texas A&M will offer his brother and he has talked about how beautiful the campus was. Who knows where he will go?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Yeah, those riders are a big red flag anyways... :eek2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.