Politics: Saudis threaten world if the US imposed sanctions

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
https://www.apnews.com/f240e45379f5403daa1b84e3f908e262

If the world had resisted the influence of the oil companies and moved more rapidly towards renewable energy, maybe this threat would indeed be toothless.
Especially in the US - GM announced a few months back they would no longer be manufacturing internal combustion engines for their new vehicles. Should have been done years ago. Others are beginning to follow suit.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/au...ic-will-ditch-gas-diesel-powered-cars-n806806

America should not allow itself to be blackmailed by degenerate murderers, nor should it country to destroy its own country just to satisfy the greed of the oil companies.
I don’t know if it’s too little too late for alleviating the damage we are doing to our environment, but we have to eliminate these blackmail threats. I don’t think physically destroying our country is a viable path to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I know we consume a lot, but we're also the world's top producer. With the general attitude of use theirs before we use ours.

If Saudi wants to keep their oil or drive up prices, go for it. Messing with your best customer is a dangerous game. Especially in that region. The unsavories start popping up

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I know we consume a lot, but we're also the world's top producer. With the general attitude of use theirs before we use ours.

If Saudi wants to keep their oil or drive up prices, go for it. Messing with your best customer is a dangerous game. Especially in that region. The unsavories start popping up

If they don't think the CIA will find a long lost Prince with a claim to the Saudi throne to start a coup they haven't been paying attention.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

SA has more reserves than the US BY FAR.
Production from our perspective means we are already using ours faster, and fracking is accounting for the high production number.

http://geab.eu/en/top-10-countries-with-the-worlds-biggest-oil-reserves/

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I hear Venezuela isn't using theirs (except to burn down their own country)

They actually have the most; it’s sad things didn’t work out differently. They can’t use it to burn down their country because they can barely get it out of the ground. Their oilfield infrastructure is in shambles due to literally no maintenance; jackass Chavez gave all the money away, allocating none to repair and maintain production.
Transformation to an economy fueled by renewables would make it irrelevant anyway. We should be at least 10-20 years further down the road than we are towards that end.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm more concerned with who is using it, not with who has it. It would be nice in the next 30 years or so that costal cities and low lying islands stay above the water level.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I'm more concerned with anyone using it, not with who has it. It would be nice in the next 30 years or so that costal cities and low lying islands stay above the water level.
FIFY

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I'm more concerned with who is using it, not with who has it. It would be nice in the next 30 years or so that costal cities and low lying islands stay above the water level.
I do think it interesting you say “30 years or so”; especially for the islands, you may need to cut that in half. [emoji41]

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I was waiting on a thread about this. We should have stopped being friends with anyone in the Middle East a long time ago.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I was waiting on a thread about this. We should have stopped being friends with anyone in the Middle East a long time ago.
New generations will bring about change. Don't let the bad apples spoil the bunch. I'd hope to see in my lifetime a change in their QoL throughout the regions.

One thing I'm thinking though....I'd be willing to bet our govt has/still does this type of thing. It's like that scene from the godfather

https://youtu.be/rAdUuGsi30g

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Now they say a fist fight broke out and he died, whoops!
I don't know who are the biggest liars, The Saudis or Trump.
I guess they just beat him up real bad and all that was left of him was a few bones, hence the doctor with the bone saw. They had to get it all into a garbage bag, after all.
Makes perfect sense to me. [emoji57]

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My Facebook buddy hasn’t shared anything about it yet, but I heard some right wing sites are starting to suggest he had ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and other terrorist groups.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
My Facebook buddy hasn’t shared anything about it yet, but I heard some right wing sites are starting to suggest he had ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and other terrorist groups.

http://thewashingtonstandard.com/the-ugly-truth-about-jamal-khashoggi/

Here is one I was forwarded. I don't do the Facebook and social media thing, but this one ended up in my email inbox. I just skimmed it and haven't had time to try and verify anything, so please dont take it for anything other than sharing of information....

The Ugly Truth About Jamal Khashoggi

In high school, Jamal Khashoggi had a good friend. His name was Osama bin Laden.

“We were hoping to establish an Islamic state anywhere,” Khashoggi reminisced about their time together in the Muslim Brotherhood. “We believed that the first one would lead to another, and that would have a domino effect which could reverse the history of mankind.”

The friendship endured with Jamal Khashoggi following Osama bin Laden to Afghanistan. Khashoggi credited Adel Batterjee, listed at one time as one of “the world’s foremost terrorist financiers” by the Treasury Department, with bringing him to Afghanistan to report on the fighting.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
GOP Spreading Misinformation on Khashoggi to Protect Trump

A group of House Republicans has exchanged articles from right-wing outlets touting Khashoggi's association with the Muslim Brotherhood during his youth as well as his fruitful relationship with Osama bin Laden – both unconfirmed conspiracy theories.

Fred Hiatt, The Washington Post's editorial page editor who published Khashoggi's work, rebuked the smear campaign.

"It may not be surprising that some Saudi-inspired trolls are now trying to distract us from the crime by smearing Jamal," Hiatt said in a statement. "It may not even be surprising to see a few Americans joining in. But in both cases it is reprehensible."

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
He had ties to MB years ago, which he severed to become a journalist. He was reportedly an embedded reporter with Bin Laden in Afghanistan during the Russian conflict.
We armed Bin Laden in that conflict.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
He had ties to MB years ago, which he severed to become a journalist. He was reportedly an embedded reporter with Bin Laden in Afghanistan during the Russian conflict.
We armed Bin Laden in that conflict.

details don't matter to the lemmings

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.