Josh Jacobs as the starting RB ?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I happen to think D. Harris was a production "loser" for this shift to a pass-leaning RPO scheme. These schemes seem to flourish when you have a back that can physically gut out those interior plunges for at least 3-4 yards. D. Harris has gotten better at engaging contact and driving forward after contact but that ultimately is not his game.

With that said, he's our best past catcher at tailback and he's been a production winner in the non-RPO aspects of the offense because he's a legit threat when they release all eligible receivers (more often now with Tua).
I disagree. Damien is a fabulous RB in any offensive scheme and using the word "loser" period when discussing Damien is plain wrong. He will be playing in the NFL for many years and is a "Bama legend" as we like to say.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I disagree. Damien is a fabulous RB in any offensive scheme and using the word "loser" period when discussing Damien is plain wrong. He will be playing in the NFL for many years and is a "Bama legend" as we like to say.
I think that he meant that he is losing touches in this system.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Someone said that Damien was being punished for his antics on the sideline last week. Not sure if that's true. But, We have to remember Damien had good few weeks of running the ball... I don't think it was because of his lack of punishment.. It was for something he did and he got punished for it. I expect Harris to start against LSU. But what we should be watching going forward is Najee Harris and Jacob... Someone is going to eat up the carries, the question is who will..

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I said it the other day but I'll say it again : Jacobs is one of the most underrated players in the nation. He does everything well. Running, blocking and receiving. He's a dangerous kick returner, too. I thought he was the main difference maker yesterday. Damien and Najee are big time backs as well. It's all about who has the hot hand. Alabama problems.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Someone said that Damien was being punished for his antics on the sideline last week. Not sure if that's true. But, We have to remember Damien had good few weeks of running the ball... I don't think it was because of his lack of punishment.. It was for something he did and he got punished for it. I expect Harris to start against LSU. But what we should be watching going forward is Najee Harris and Jacob... Someone is going to eat up the carries, the question is who will..
He must have done something off the field. Didn't N. Harris also play before D. Harris yesterday? If Damien had gone in second, I would have assumed he lost his starting job. But I haven't seen anything on the field that would have relegated him to third string.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'll bet Damien will start against LSU. He seems to be a smart kid and I imagine he'll straighten it out.
On the subject of running backs, that leap Najee made last night was amazing. He's done it before, but I love watching it happen! RTR!

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I don't know why Damien wasn't used much yesterday, but on the bright side, fresh legs for LSU.
Fresh legs and a fresh determination to show he's our best RB. I expect Damien to have a great game against LSU.

Last edited:

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Fresh legs and a fresh determination to show he's our best RB. I expect Damien to have a career game against LSU.
We will miss Mr Harris for sure. He was a GET for us. Refreshing to see someone who risks a Pro career for the 'Time at Bama' experience. He seems to relish the game and it's opportunities.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Every year we have big men step forward on certain games. If Damian was punished enough, he is likely the starter. Jacobs has played some great football this year.
Najee is a work horse. He doesn't mind physical contact.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I was at the Mizzou game and didn’t watch the replay completely. What antics are you referring to and when did it happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Guys are always comparing the Backs to Backs of days gone by. I see folks comparing Jacobs to Ingram and so on. I can sorta see that..but Jacobs reminds me of a guy that we had back in the 90s. Remember Sherman Williams? Jacobs is really good at gashing a D with his vision in the gaps. Willams was exactly that way. Also good at catching the ball in space.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Guys are always comparing the Backs to Backs of days gone by. I see folks comparing Jacobs to Ingram and so on. I can sorta see that..but Jacobs reminds me of a guy that we had back in the 90s. Remember Sherman Williams? Jacobs is really good at gashing a D with his vision in the gaps. Willams was exactly that way. Also good at catching the ball in space.
The Painter!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.