Question about Amazon Popup Ad

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's important to remember that a popup can be set to be triggered by a certain site url and the malware/adware reside on the phone...

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
This is an internet-wide issue. Typically seems to come from an infected ad on legitimate ad networks. Places itself in browser app history/cookies and re-emerges when triggered. It is always possible that at some point there was an ad that made its way through the Google ad network delivery (what we use) and remains on your device. Most likely the offending ad is zapped by Google pretty quickly but the offending code still resides in your browser app.

Following the steps I outline above (exactly) looks to work for most / many from what I can tell in my searching the interwebs on this topic.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Android user here with no problems. Is it an iPhone problem?
I'm thinking it may be and there is a known exploit in iOS systems that may be the culprit, but the amazon gift card popup scam has been ongoing for a while based on my research.

Since following Brett's directions it has stopped, though it has done this before only to come back.

We shall see.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
It’s been happening on my iPad for a couple of weeks. I googled for a solution and came upon the steps listed above but it did not work for me. I had 3 episodes yesterday, one during the game thread, but none so far today.

What I’ve been doing is opening the history then going directly back to the Tidefans page that was overridden. You can’t just go backwards a page at a time because there are 2-3 pages loaded into the history in addition to the page that gets displayed. Sometimes it will happen 4 or 5 times but then stops.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Is that why one of RTRs posts was recommending a solution for ED problems yesterday? ;)

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
What device and operating system are you using? Is the problem present on other devices? - Mac book pro running High Sierra

What browser(s)? - Both Safari and Chrome

Is this problem unique to TideFans or do you have the problem on other sites? - unique to Tidefans

When did the problem begin? - last two weeks

If you were able to defeat the problem, how? - signed out of Tidefans and signed back in - problem gone

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Unless I turn off AddBlockPlus and Add block, I cannot post or responed on here.. I love the site but I will not remove adblock plus just to post here. Turn off the adds and charge us a few bucks a year.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I don't download anything any longer unless I just can't live without it. Very tired of free downloads only to find it has changed all my settings (home page, browser, and yes twice they even disabled my Norton. But I have had no problem lately on TideFans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.