Awesome article from The Tennessean.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...out-rexrode-cfp-playoff-saban-tua/1666132002/

You can spend a good hour going through Alabama offensive numbers in search of the most ridiculous one, and I think I found it. According to Alabama assistant athletic director Josh Maxson’s game notes, receiver Jerry Jeudy came into the game averaging 4.6 yards PER PASS ROUTE RUN. I mean, 27 yards a catch is great, but think about that: Alabama is essentially guaranteed a first down on any series in which Jeudy just goes out for a pass twice.

"They're showing the world that you can make something happen with great weapons," Tennessee safety Nigel Warrior said of the Crimson Tide, which is as close as a player is going to get to being frank about an opponent's greatness in the wake of a loss like this.

No one is beating this Alabama team. No one is coming close. And that stinks for everyone who isn’t an Alabama fan. But maybe next year when backup quarterback Jalen Hurts is somewhere else and the offensive line has to be rebuilt and Damien Harris is gone and all that’s left is Tua and all those receivers and Josh Jacobs and Najee Harris…

Deep sigh, college football. “Like a Prayer” was a hit for Madonna. It's also a fair description of this sport’s chances of avoiding the oncoming Bama repeat and three-peat.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
At first I wondered if you just weren't able to put a thread title in blue. :biggrin:

Good for them actually having an article that wasn't homerism.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
At first I wondered if you just weren't able to put a thread title in blue. :biggrin:

Good for them actually having an article that wasn't homerism.
They have all pretty much said the same thing - this Alabama team may be the best team in the history of the sport, so you just have to tip your cap and turn the page. Their fans are probably hating this type of reporting.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
They have all pretty much said the same thing - this Alabama team may be the best team in the history of the sport, so you just have to tip your cap and turn the page. Their fans are probably hating this type of reporting.
BIG...Not many of them make it through the entire article is what I would offer. Kinda like me reading an Awbun article.��

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
They haven't been punched in the mouth yet; and maybe no one will be able to. But we're staring down the toughest part of the schedule to come. I'm just hoping we can continue to play at this level as the competition stiffens.

Then we can argue about whether or not they are the GOAT or whatever . . . :)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's just incredible that the Knoxville News printed that.

Unless they are trying to introduced "rat poison" that is an incredible compliment to the program CNS has built and the capability of Tua leading this team.

Just hope we dont get comfortable. Take everybody seriously.

But I think there's a possiblity that they are right: I think we could win the championship relatively easily against any team right now as long as Tua stays healthy.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
They haven't been punched in the mouth yet; and maybe no one will be able to. But we're staring down the toughest part of the schedule to come. I'm just hoping we can continue to play at this level as the competition stiffens.
What's really scary is how much better we can be! Our running game is down, kicking game down, and pass defense somewhat down. It was possible to beat TN 70-0.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Next year Jalen may be gone, but Tua's baby brother will be here...
From the clips I've watched, he is very good. Think of a Right handed Tua.
ALSO...
If they failed to notice, our line has been developing depth all year.
Plus if you add in the fact that we never play anyone, well we are a shoo-in for a three-peat.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Next year Jalen may be gone, but Tua's baby brother will be here...
From the clips I've watched, he is very good. Think of a Right handed Tua.
ALSO...
If they failed to notice, our line has been developing depth all year.
The last paragraph of the article was supposed to be in blue.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The Tennessean is a Nashville paper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoops, sorry I missed that. Still really doesn't change what I said. It's hard to admit when a rival is at another level but this team will eventually cause all of our rivals to say the inevitable.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland

Secondary is the concern. Despite mostly subpar competition they seem lost at times and are getting beat too often. A good passing team with a good defense could prove problematic. Don't think Dabo didn't factor this in when making his qb switch. He knows a title runs thru Alabama, and Kelly Bryant and his lack of downfield passing skills wasn't going to beat Bama. Not saying the freshman will either, but he certainly make Clemson a more interesting matchup.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Even if some team puts some passes on our Secondary Tua will out score anyone out there, as our D is still better than any we will see this year and he is the best QB period. In a score fest I like our odds to out score any team out there. Yet I doubt anyone puts that much on us.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Even if some team puts some passes on our Secondary Tua will out score anyone out there, as our D is still better than any we will see this year and he is the best QB period. In a score fest I like our odds to out score any team out there. Yet I doubt anyone puts that much on us.
Hopefully by the time the cfp rolls around the secondary will have worked out the kinks. Clemson has had some issues in their secondary as well, so could be a good opportunity for Tua and WRs to shine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.