The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly... Vol Style:

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Sublime: The first quarter!
Good: Dominating win! O line, Tua, Jacobs, Irv, the front seven, Jalen after the pick 6, Najee and Robinson late in the game, improved punting, Phrustrating Phat Phil and leaving him phuming after the game.
Bad: Secondary still struggling with rub/pick routes
Ugly: UT's start to the second half, Phat Phil as UT AD...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The Good: The running game was working well.. we were moving chains at will.
The Bad: I thought Tua still wasn't 100 percent, and he was overthrowing the ball on some case... He didn't look 100 percent comfortable.
The Ugly. That sack by Mack Wilson on Tennessee QB.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Good: we just put 12 on them and made it more one sided than they did to us in 95

The Bad: the vol fans are worse than us at packing a stadium. I swear it was close to 35-40% crimson at kickoff

The ugly: the delusional part of the LSU fan base has bought into the Bama ref Philosophy

The funny: Buggs conducting Rocky Top with Peyton on the sideline

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
The Good: The running game was working well.. we were moving chains at will.
The Bad: I thought Tua still wasn't 100 percent, and he was overthrowing the ball on some case... He didn't look 100 percent comfortable.
The Ugly. That sack by Mack Wilson on Tennessee QB.
FWIW I think whatever was off with Tua was better by the end of the game. Pretty sure he ended his last 2 drives 9/10 and 2 TDs.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
FWIW I think whatever was off with Tua was better by the end of the game. Pretty sure he ended his last 2 drives 9/10 and 2 TDs.
Yes he did get better toward the end. What's funny is that... I was rewatching the game.. there was some play where he tried to make big plays... when he could've played it safe and got 1st down.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
The Good- The entire offense was firing on all cylinders (though Tua was tending to throw high on short and intermediate passes... nitpicking). The front seven on defense played great. The ILB's finally started scraping to the ball. Dylan Moses picked up his game. The new punter looked good.

The Bad- DB's looked a little off. Did not go to highest point to intercept/break up all of the Vol 50/50 jump balls they kept throwing. Other teams will see this and go to it often.

The Ugly- Everything orange. The looks on Vol fan's faces almost made me feel sorry for them (wasn't long ago we were in there shoes). Jeremy Pruit does not look good in Orange. I wonder if he will follow Butch Jones in a few years.
I tend to wonder if the throwing is a product of him not being able to plant the leg and foot properly.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes he did get better toward the end. What's funny is that... I was rewatching the game.. there was some play where he tried to make big plays... when he could've played it safe and got 1st down.
I think that's what Danielson meant when he said "he has no conscience." He's sort of the "anti-McElroy:... :D

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
On the first TD when Tua danced in the pocket for about 6 seconds before the threw the amazing throw to Juedy across the field I think he had Waddle near the goal line for an easy reception. With Tua's vision, I'm pretty sure he saw him but he didn't pull the trigger.

It all worked out, but I think Waddle was the much easier and safer throw.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Everything was awesome, except Saban called off the dogs. I wish he would have kept pushing the ball, even with Hurts and Jones. Hang a hundred on twelvesee.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I've never seen 100,000 plus get so quiet so quickly...

There were four of us at the game Saturday. We did our best to be respectful and not rub anything in...

Heard a few rows back after we went up 28-0 and we calmly high fived each other...

"That's embarrassing. They don't even get excited about TDs anymore!" IT.WAS.AWESOME!!! RTR!!!
Everything was awesome, except Saban called off the dogs. I wish he would have kept pushing the ball, even with Hurts and Jones. Hang a hundred on twelvesee.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Heard a few rows back after we went up 28-0 and we calmly high fived each other...

"That's embarrassing. They don't even get excited about TDs anymore!" IT.WAS.AWESOME!!! RTR!!!
Haha, we had a similar reaction when the guys I was with would calmly fist bump then clap when Bama scored...

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The Excellent - Tua, Offensive line

The Good - The entire Bama football team effort

The Bad - 21 points by the 12RC Viles

Ugly - Ice thrown by a grown man, and that dreadful hideous orange

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.