Great day in Tennessee

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I will probably be in Pigeon Forge this coming Saturday.................I am sure I will get the usual smarmy remarks and profane insults
Make sure you are wearing Alabama Crimson Tide STUFF so that they can recognize you from a distance.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
I literally was joking with a good friend of mine the other day about how ut needed to start winning so we could get the series back to being competitive. He is usually a good sport and jumps back with a witty remark and we usually have a good laugh together. One of his kids came by to see me the other day and told me my text really upset her dad, set him off and he was not happy at all.

Needless to say, I’ve been scared to text him this weekend.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I literally was joking with a good friend of mine the other day about how ut needed to start winning so we could get the series back to being competitive. He is usually a good sport and jumps back with a witty remark and we usually have a good laugh together. One of his kids came by to see me the other day and told me my text really upset her dad, set him off and he was not happy at all.

Needless to say, I’ve been scared to text him this weekend.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide
Aww heck? Text him and ask if he wants to come over to watch the replay. And ask if he minds bringing the Yuengling and pretzels���� Just kidding Bro. He might blast off if ya do that. 25 players will help...but not fix the gap.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Coach Pruitt went down a little in my estimation with the 25 recruits statement. He wanted people to know it wasn't his fault the state of Tn football, which is true enough. But you are the man in charge now. Don't point the blame elsewhere. Recruit, coach, and play with what you have now. It is your team. Own it. If they are still on the team, they are your team.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Aww heck? Text him and ask if he wants to come over to watch the replay. And ask if he minds bringing the Yuengling and pretzels���� Just kidding Bro. He might blast off if ya do that. 25 players will help...but not fix the gap.
I’ll probably check on him this week and just text, “Are we good?” and see what happens. Maybe put a little RTR in there.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Coach Pruitt went down a little in my estimation with the 25 recruits statement. He wanted people to know it wasn't his fault the state of Tn football, which is true enough. But you are the man in charge now. Don't point the blame elsewhere. Recruit, coach, and play with what you have now. It is your team. Own it. If they are still on the team, they are your team.
You know? Pruitt surprised me when he said (can't quote exactly) something like 'Look at THEIR sideline and then look at ours'. Never been a football coach, but I have coached a little in Little League baseball, and there is NO WAY I would have said anything similar to that in front of my team. I realize that a couple of their players tended to lean to the same, but these guys are getting ready to play this weekend. I think I would be hearing that over and over if my coach said that. I think Pruitt is a guy who can be painfully honest in a given moment, and then just painful in another. His personality. And if successful...he MAY be heir apparent when CNS decides to head on off to the lake. I don't expect that Pruitt is done stirring the pot.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You know? Pruitt surprised me when he said (can't quote exactly) something like 'Look at THEIR sideline and then look at ours'. Never been a football coach, but I have coached a little in Little League baseball, and there is NO WAY I would have said anything similar to that in front of my team. I realize that a couple of their players tended to lean to the same, but these guys are getting ready to play this weekend. I think I would be hearing that over and over if my coach said that. I think Pruitt is a guy who can be painfully honest in a given moment, and then just painful in another. His personality. And if successful...he MAY be heir apparent when CNS decides to head on off to the lake. I don't expect that Pruitt is done stirring the pot.
i think he was talking to phattimus too with those statements.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I’ll probably check on him this week and just text, “Are we good?” and see what happens. Maybe put a little RTR in there.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide
I need to do the same. Gotta mess with 'em a little though. I will probably trash our D for allowing 14 points! And then our Offense for allowing 7 points. Then add that Saban made them practice right off the team busses came in, and how it reminded me of 1969 when Coach Bryant made the team practice immediately upon arrival in Tuscaloosa when they lost to Vanderbilt. Ha!! No...no....they all have guns. I better not I guess. But I will check in and break the ice. I was a good sport when THEY were controlling the whip sooooo....I will continue to act like we have won before...in Knoxville. Hey...one of the guys used to seek me out...big grin......whever the game was in Knoxville..and suggest that we were in big trouble...I asked why...he would say ' whaddya mean? Game is in Knoxville this year' And I would say "John...our guys play MUCH better in Knoxville than in B'ham or Tuscaloosa. And that is ESPECIALLY true if they have been hearing how great Your QB is and how intimidating Neyland Stadium is." His grin would turn into a distant stare. Go Bama!!

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
i think he was talking to phattimus too with those statements.
Ohhh yeah! No doubt. I did read somewhere that Fulmer was present and looked like he might......you know. Won't hear too much from him I guess until they beat somebody. Heck man...we don't like losing either, but we have a past with that guy.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
And all of a sudden my notifications for tidefans are working again.
I never say anything negative to any Vol fans. They all come to me with something like “well y’all killed us again this year.” That’s all I need. Let them stew in their own misery.

I thought Pruitt’s remarks were really bad for a head coach. He’s got a long way to go.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Agree, Not sure how hard the team will work for him after this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.