Misery Index: Urban Meyer, Ohio State crash in spectacular fashion again

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Ohio State: Unlike Nick Saban, whose unique brand of perfectionism is so over-the-top that we can all kind of get in on the joke, Meyer’s humorlessness and self-righteousness comes off as a shallow exercise in trying to simplify a complex world. And if you’re going to draw those kind of stark dividing lines between good guys and bad guys, between right and wrong, it’s not helpful your reputation to when people get a look behind the curtain both at Ohio State and Florida and see all the ethical compromises Meyer made to run a football program at the highest level.
In other words, the pizza meme is powerful because it looks lonely. And when Ohio State struggles, it does so alone — with no sympathy from anyone and plenty of critics gleefully ready to say, “I told you so.”

Tennessee: It isn’t much fun to be opposite the most impressive dynasty in the history of college football. If any fan base knows that, it’s Tennessee’s, which has now watched 12 consecutive losses to Alabama in what was once the South’s most intense rivalry. Though surely the Vols will one day be the team smoking postgame cigars in the locker room — a tradition that goes back to the 1960s — it realistically could be a long time.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...tate-urban-meyer-spectacular-fall/1720823002/

I thoroughly enjoy the misery of Meyer and Tennessee. ;)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
From the parts of the game I watched, it looked like every Purdue football player was HIGHLY MOTIVATED to play their very best. I just didn't think it was possible for Ohio State to lose this game. I don't think tOSU players were motivated to give their best on each play. What happened to their RUNNING game? What happened to their DEFENSE? Did Bosa's leaving adversely affect them? Was there INTERVENTION from ABOVE in support of Tyler Trent? I just do not know!

Two powerful 7 - 0 teams were playing two 3 - 3 teams that appeared to be on the RISE yesterday. The OUTCOMES were TOTALLY different.

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
This causes me some concern. Over and over again the talking heads are telling us that our schedule is weak. By saying that, are they saying that Alabama is not as strong as it seems? At the same time, as a fan, what I am seeing an overpowering team, perhaps the best team I have ever seen at Alabama. And I go back to seeing my first game in 1967.
I guess what I am asking is, what are the odds that we will see the same thing as happened to tOSU happen to us?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This causes me some concern. Over and over again the talking heads are telling us that our schedule is weak. By saying that, are they saying that Alabama is not as strong as it seems? At the same time, as a fan, what I am seeing an overpowering team, perhaps the best team I have ever seen at Alabama. And I go back to seeing my first game in 1967.
I guess what I am asking is, what are the odds that we will see the same thing as happened to tOSU happen to us?
You might lose a game, but not like that, and not for the same reasons.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Most of the folks dissing our schedule pipe for Central Florida, which is a flat out contradiction. I wish KH or someone would point this out.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
From the parts of the game I watched, it looked like every Purdue football player was HIGHLY MOTIVATED to play their very best. I just didn't think it was possible for Ohio State to lose this game. I don't think tOSU players were motivated to give their best on each play. What happened to their RUNNING game? What happened to their DEFENSE? Did Bosa's leaving adversely affect them? Was there INTERVENTION from ABOVE in support of Tyler Trent? I just do not know!

Two powerful 7 - 0 teams were playing two 3 - 3 teams that appeared to be on the RISE yesterday. The OUTCOMES were TOTALLY different.
The problems that were completely unmasked vs Purdue have been there all year. I saw them vs TCU and they were not impressive, TCU gave them the game via TOs. Saw the PSU escape. IMO, OSU is probably as talented as anyone other than Bama but something is wrong with them. I assume it is related to Meyer.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The problems that were completely unmasked vs Purdue have been there all year. I saw them vs TCU and they were not impressive, TCU gave them the game via TOs. Saw the PSU escape. IMO, OSU is probably as talented as anyone other than Bama but something is wrong with them. I assume it is related to Meyer.
Agree. A team with that kind of talent ought to lose a close game every year if they are over-confident but NOT get blown out and embarrassed as they do each year. Something is wrong.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Agree. A team with that kind of talent ought to lose a close game every year if they are over-confident but NOT get blown out and embarrassed as they do each year. Something is wrong.
Agreed. Losing by a touchdown or field goal is one thing but to get beaten by 30 the past two years by teams with lesser talent screams major issues. Hopefully Alabama can avoid issues like this.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
it is not the loss that should concern OSU fans, it is who they lose to every yr. A mid level team.For all the talk of our schedule, yes we play some mid level teams but we beat them like red headed step kids. OSU seems like the old pre Saban bama, they play to the level of the team they face. We on the other hand play to a standard. Not since yr one of Saban and La Tech loss have we lost to a bad team. When we do lose, not that often it is to ranked teams that are good. OSU ND those guys choke all too often to unranked nobodies. PURDUE???????????? when was the last time they were ranked?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.