LSU Fans Want a”White Out for White” During First Half

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Just saw elsewhere that Saban told Devin White that we would beat him every year if he went to LSU. I remember that story but had completely forgotten it was Devin White.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I cannot take schools serious when they do juvenile shenanigans like "freedevinwhite" billboards. Turning to off-the-field distractions, like the billboards, tells me all I need to know about how LSU fans actually feels about their team, as a whole. They have little-to-no confidence in their team chances against Bama, if they are propping up one player like Devin White. Without realizing it, LSU fans have put undue pressure on White to perform (if he gets the chance).

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
How much did Devin White help out last season, again in a 24-10 loss? Year before that?

I'd like to see a replay of that game. I lost all my game recordings from last year when we switched from Uverse to Xfinity. I will try to look for the replays on SEC network or ESPN or maybe youtube just to see how many of their defensive players are still starting from last year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've never seen such a hullabaloo in my life. By the rule it was targeting. It doesn't matter if he led with his hands. That's covered in the rule. His goose was finally cooked when both feet left the turf (Mack's didn't) before impact. It doesn't matter. They will always find whining material (and will after two weeks) somewhere...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I've never seen such a hullabaloo in my life. By the rule it was targeting. It doesn't matter if he led with his hands. That's covered in the rule. His goose was finally cooked when both feet left the turf (Mack's didn't) before impact. It doesn't matter. They will always find whining material (and will after two weeks) somewhere...
Coonasses are world famous for whining.
My first job offshore (79) skipper was a young guy from Montauk. He learned quick - he saw all the finger pointing anytime something went wrong.
He said their state motto was “NoNoNotMe”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I think it actually is a conspiracy but not by the SEC offices and the REC. It is the billboard company responsible for this! If they can target enough players, imagine the revenue it would create! LSU played right into their hands! RTR!

How much did Devin White help out last season, again in a 24-10 loss? Year before that?

I'd like to see a replay of that game. I lost all my game recordings from last year when we switched from Uverse to Xfinity. I will try to look for the replays on SEC network or ESPN or maybe youtube just to see how many of their defensive players are still starting from last year.
That’ll be good to know.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I cannot take schools serious when they do juvenile shenanigans like "freedevinwhite" billboards. Turning to off-the-field distractions, like the billboards, tells me all I need to know about how LSU fans actually feels about their team, as a whole. They have little-to-no confidence in their team chances against Bama, if they are propping up one player like Devin White. Without realizing it, LSU fans have put undue pressure on White to perform (if he gets the chance).
Well said!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Don't get this twisted - the players and coaches have nothing to do with this nonsense. They are preparing for Alabama, and they are very good. Dismiss the fans behind this, and the AD, but the team is doing what Alabama is doing - preparing to play football.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think the funniest thing about this to me is that they think they have started some kind of revolution or something. They legitimately believe (at least some of them) that this in some way shape or form is a righteous cause and they are the leaders of it.

Pretty entertaining.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think the funniest thing about this to me is that they think they have started some kind of revolution or something. They legitimately believe (at least some of them) that this in some way shape or form is a righteous cause and they are the leaders of it.

Pretty entertaining.
Fairly easy to happen - mob mentality and group think, with community leaders leading the charge. I can cite examples of the same types of things happening among every fan base at one time or another.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Fairly easy to happen - mob mentality and group think, with community leaders leading the charge. I can cite examples of the same types of things happening among every fan base at one time or another.
I believe that completely. And most of the times I can remember other fanbases or just groups of people doing the same, I've found it funny then as well. Unless the topic is overly serious.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Glenn Guillbeau was on the lunchtime show in Montgomery today. I missed the segment, but he apparently indicated LSU is planning some kind of "show" when White returns for the second half. Possibly letting him run out onto the field by himself before the rest of the defense joins him.

It's so precious.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Glenn Guillbeau was on the lunchtime show in Montgomery today. I missed the segment, but he apparently indicated LSU is planning some kind of "show" when White returns for the second half. Possibly letting him run out onto the field by himself before the rest of the defense joins him.

It's so precious.
It will look stupid if they are down by 28 pts

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

It's so precious.
Wonder if they'll still do it if they are getting blown out.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

It's so precious.
Bunch of certified wack jobs.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

It's so precious.
So so many things wrong with what they are doing with the White campaign that I can't even begin to count. lol

Hoping all of this is just hearsay, if Coach O allows this stunt to take place, it will be really hard to have respect for him as a coach ... just saying.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.