Week 9 (2018) Betting Lines for Games of Note

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
We are officially at our halfway point. Good grief. It seems like the season JUST started and we're already in Week #9. Hard to believe...but here we are...Onward

As always, TideFans.com neither endorses nor encourages any gambling (or other degenerate behavior) of any kind (unless your state says it's legal to do so). The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only (unless your state says otherwise).

• In an intrastate clash, Troy is a 11 pt favorite over South Alabama
  • West Va. is favored by 14 over Baylor
  • Miami (FL) is favored by 3.5 over Boston College
  • Washington St. is a 3.5 pt underdog to Stanford
  • UAB is favored by 17.5 over UTEP
  • Georgia is favored by 6.5 over Florida
  • Mississippi St. and that putrid offense is somehow FAVORED over Texas A&M by 3
  • Kentucky, also devoid of offense, is a 7 pt underdog to Mizzou
  • No line yet for Tennessee vs South Carolina because of the uncertainty of UT QB Jarrett Guarantano, thought I don't think it will matter all that much
  • Penn St. is favored by only 5 over Iowa
  • After possibly the biggest upset of the season so far, Purdue is a 2 pt dog to Michigan St.
  • Texas is favored by 2.5 over Oklahoma St
  • Arkansas is favored by 1.5 over Vandy
  • Clemson is favored by 14 over a suddenly improved Florida St. team
  • Notre Dame is favored by 22 over Navy
  • This HAS to be some kind of misprint, but Oregon is showing up as a 20.5 pt dog to Arizona
  • Alabama is a Pick 'Em vs the bye week. Off to a rough start already, but I think we can pull this one out.

Take this bye week to heal up, clean your gutters, rake your lawn, and enjoy the games without the stress (for you basketcases)

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
We are officially at our halfway point. Good grief. It seems like the season JUST started and we're already in Week #9. Hard to believe...but here we are...Onward

As always, TideFans.com neither endorses nor encourages any gambling (or other degenerate behavior) of any kind (unless your state says it's legal to do so). The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only (unless your state says otherwise).

• In an intrastate clash, Troy is a 11 pt favorite over South Alabama
  • West Va. is favored by 14 over Baylor
  • Miami (FL) is favored by 3.5 over Boston College
  • Washington St. is a 3.5 pt underdog to Stanford
  • UAB is favored by 17.5 over UTEP
  • Georgia is favored by 6.5 over Florida
  • Mississippi St. and that putrid offense is somehow FAVORED over Texas A&M by 3
  • Kentucky, also devoid of offense, is a 7 pt underdog to Mizzou
  • No line yet for Tennessee vs South Carolina because of the uncertainty of UT QB Jarrett Guarantano, thought I don't think it will matter all that much
  • Penn St. is favored by only 5 over Iowa
  • After possibly the biggest upset of the season so far, Purdue is a 2 pt dog to Michigan St.
  • Texas is favored by 2.5 over Oklahoma St
  • Arkansas is favored by 1.5 over Vandy
  • Clemson is favored by 14 over a suddenly improved Florida St. team
  • Notre Dame is favored by 22 over Navy
  • This HAS to be some kind of misprint, but Oregon is showing up as a 20.5 pt dog to Arizona
  • Alabama is a Pick 'Em vs the bye week. Off to a rough start already, but I think we can pull this one out.

Take this bye week to heal up, clean your gutters, rake your lawn, and enjoy the games without the stress (for you basketcases)
Tennessee will have a better chance of winning if they would just go ahead and name their backup as a starter.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Chryst should be UT's starter over Guarantano in The Who cares bowl. Another you could not pay me to attend game Arkansas vs Vandy, not quite as bad but definitely a real boring game, Missouri vs Kentucky. I am thinking UF upsets UGA, but naw ain't going to happen this year. TAMU beat MSU by at least 8-10 points. FSU will need all the luck in the world to stay within 14 points of Clemmons. Purdue has had its 60 minutes of fame, MSU does know how to play defense.

ETA: TAMU needs to stay injury free for their trip the next weekend to Gus's House.

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Tough games to pick this week but I'll say Clemson covers the 14 over FSU. That spread in the Oregon-Arizona game must be a misprint. I don't think a line has been established yet because there is uncertainty about Arizona QB Khalil Tate.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
That GA/FL Line has been moving.

Think I just made a funny.

"-There were some intense line moves Sunday afternoon. BetOnline initially posted Georgia -10, and bettors hammered Florida so hard that the line moved 2.5 points within minutes, and with heavy juice. (If you wanted Florida -7.5, you had to risk $130 to win $100.) Missouri also moved from -5 to -7 within minutes."

Another interesting tidbit from that article:

"
-We will not have the game-week Alabama at LSU line for another seven days. But at last check, 5Dimes posted a look-ahead line of Alabama -16 for that matchup. Given LSU's continued success, and QB Tua Tagovailoa continuing to deal with a knee sprain, I think it's likely the line opens closer to Alabama -14."

Vegas releases Week 9 SEC betting lines

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
Yeah, Chryst is clearly the better of the two QBs. UT should win more games than they lose the rest of the way if Pruitt makes him the starter.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Chryst should be UT's starter over Guarantano in The Who cares bowl. Another you could not pay me to attend game Arkansas vs Vandy, not quite as bad but definitely a real boring game, Missouri vs Kentucky. I am thinking UF upsets UGA, but naw ain't going to happen this year. TAMU beat MSU by at least 8-10 points. FSU will need all the luck in the world to stay within 14 points of Clemmons. Purdue has had its 60 minutes of fame, MSU does know how to play defense.

ETA: TAMU needs to stay injury free for their trip the next weekend to Gus's House.
Good point on Purdue. Last season, Iowa lost by 24 at Wisconsin the week after beating tOSU by 31. Then lost to Purdue the following week.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2294/season/2017

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Troy at South Alabama is a Tuesday night game. Any thoughts on this game. Troy lastly lost at Liberty, which was ranked at #130 in Phil Steele's preseason Power Poll.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
"-There were some intense line moves Sunday afternoon. BetOnline initially posted Georgia -10, and bettors hammered Florida so hard that the line moved 2.5 points within minutes, and with heavy juice. (If you wanted Florida -7.5, you had to risk $130 to win $100.) Missouri also moved from -5 to -7 within minutes."

Another interesting tidbit from that article:

"
-We will not have the game-week Alabama at LSU line for another seven days. But at last check, 5Dimes posted a look-ahead line of Alabama -16 for that matchup. Given LSU's continued success, and QB Tua Tagovailoa continuing to deal with a knee sprain, I think it's likely the line opens closer to Alabama -14."

Vegas releases Week 9 SEC betting lines

I think they will open at -20.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.