uafan4life's Week 8-9 Topic: What do you do to get through the bye week?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
R and R. I have to RELAX and RECOVER from the stress created by the closeness of the scores in the first two minutes of each game that Bama has played this year.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am going to read Mark Mayfield's new book " Miracle Moments in Alabama Crimson Tide Football History: Best Plays, Games, and Records". It just came out a few days ago.

I will probably watch GA vs FL (Go Gators?). I will try to spend more time relaxing instead of thinking about the LSU game. Maybe a quick trip to the beach for the weekend will help :)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
My son's football team made it to their playoffs. So we have practice this week and the game on Saturday night. If they win it, they are in the championship. :)

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Last Saturday was only day since Hurricane Michael that I haven’t been chainsawing or volunteering somewhere. It was nice to have a “normal” day and watch football all day. Since we have a bye, I’m sure I’ll be somewhere helping out someway.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I’m a guitarist so I plan to build a new pedalboard Saturday morning.

I also have a south facing garage and the sensors will not allow the door to close in the sunlight. If I don’t fix this my wife may leave me and take the money.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I’m a guitarist so I plan to build a new pedalboard Saturday morning.

I also have a south facing garage and the sensors will not allow the door to close in the sunlight. If I don’t fix this my wife may leave me and take the money.
I've seen that fixed with a little, cardboard "shield" that protects the receiving sensor from direct sunlight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
For anyone interested.... SEC Film Room tonight at 7:30 Eastern on SEC Network features Saban and the Tennessee Game. It comes on again at 10:30. I plan to watch.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I've seen that fixed with a little, cardboard "shield" that protects the receiving sensor from direct sunlight.

A YouTube search says to use the cardboard cylinder from a roll of toilet paper. If that works it’ll be a quick fix.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
A YouTube search says to use the cardboard cylinder from a roll of toilet paper. If that works it’ll be a quick fix.
Yeah, that should do it. Just cut in on the top and bottom a couple of inches and use the resulting "tabs" to tape it to the receiving sensor.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I had eye surgery this morning. That’s the reason I have not been posting because I could not see or read much without my eyes watering. Surgery was a success. Go back to Dr in morning for check. After that, I can relax for the weekend and do whatever. Planned this on bye week for obvious reasons.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm having hip replacement surgery on Thursday so I'll do a little home rehab and pain killers. Not sure I'll know how many TV's I have on the wall but I'm going to try to catch a few of the better games and sleep.
Good luck. I had it in February, 2015...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had eye surgery this morning. That’s the reason I have not been posting because I could not see or read much without my eyes watering. Surgery was a success. Go back to Dr in morning for check. After that, I can relax for the weekend and do whatever. Planned this on bye week for obvious reasons.
I had basal cell carcinoma surgery on my forehead Tuesday. No fun. I actually posted a pic on the NS board...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have a broken knee, so I’m laid up with nothing to do until first of the year. I tried watching all the sports talk shows, but that got boring, same ole dribble! ReDiscovered Perry Mason, never liked that show before, but I love it now...... I can’t offer anything because I have nothing ���� Dang, Tidefans needs time on the IR

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.