How good is Marriota?

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Living in 10RC for the last 8 years, I have really tried to be a Titans fan, but man they make it hard. Had an argument with a friend over the QB. He is a big Marriota fan and can reel off various excuses as to why he hasn't been successful consistently, coaching changes, roster turnover, changing schemes, etc.

But how high is this dude's ceiling? Can he be a top 10 NFL QB? I think he is middle of the pack at best.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
QB is a weird position in the NFL. I still believe Brady would not have been the Brady we know if he had been on a bad team with a bad Oline and a terrible coach.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I would say your friend has a legitimate reason when he brings up the coaching and scheme changes. Most QBs take at least a year to learn a new system, so Marriota is hampered by the changes. Plus, his injury took him out most of a year.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i'd say lame coaching. and lack of talent doesnt help. that oline sucks.. he ended up getting sacked like 11 times a couple games ago. I watch a lot of NFL football and i'd be totally guessing if i could name their leading receiver..

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
i'd say lame coaching. and lack of talent doesnt help. that oline sucks.. he ended up getting sacked like 11 times a couple games ago. I watch a lot of NFL football and i'd be totally guessing if i could name their leading receiver..
Exactly. Hard to throw a ball on your back. I think he will look much better with more time to throw the ball. I would say hopefully he can get that time but I'm a falcons fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.