If Florida wins this weekend what does that mean?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Doesn’t that tell you all you need to know right there?
I heard GMac say on Thinking Out Loud that he has analyzed Justin Fields's play so far and thinks he is about a half second to a second off on his timing/reads/checkdowns, etc.. that's why he thinks he is not ready. (Or something like that, this is not word for word). I personally think Kirby should try Justin Fields more at the position.. he won't get much better unless he has more play time.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I heard GMac say on Thinking Out Loud that he has analyzed Justin Fields's play so far and thinks he is about a half second to a second off on his timing/reads/checkdowns, etc.. that's why he thinks he is not ready. (Or something like that, this is not word for word). I personally think Kirby should try Justin Fields more at the position.. he won't get much better unless he has more play time.
Not while UGA still only has one loss. If they lose a second one then put fields in.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've been of the mind that Kirby is still being too conservative and like Saban used to be with backups. Look at his numbers. He threw eight passes against Austin Peay and MTSU each. In the other five games, he's thrown a combined nine passes.

The guy won the Elite 11 last year. He's got the ability. Might not be all there mentally, but Kirby doesn't appear to be giving him the chance to improve or show it, either.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've been of the mind that Kirby is still being too conservative and like Saban used to be with backups. Look at his numbers. He threw eight passes against Austin Peay and MTSU each. In the other five games, he's thrown a combined nine passes.

The guy won the Elite 11 last year. He's got the ability. Might not be all there mentally, but Kirby doesn't appear to be giving him the chance to improve or show it, either.
Fields is legit, but so is Fromm. IMO, neither is improving. They need a better QB coach.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Fromm should have been pulled in the 7SU game. He was just having a really bad day that day and Fields maybe could have provided some kind of spark to get them going. It seems Kirby doesn’t trust Fields for some reason. It could be that Kirby is too conservative in his offensive approach.

Last edited:

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Fields is a really good passer who won the Elite 11 but he's raw, like how Tua was last year, now yes, Tua last year was still a better passer than probably 95% of QBs in 2017 but there was a reason why Saban didn't give him meaningful PT until the NCG.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Fields is a really good passer who won the Elite 11 but he's raw, like how Tua was last year, now yes, Tua last year was still a better passer than probably 95% of QBs in 2017 but there was a reason why Saban didn't give him meaningful PT until the NCG.
The problem is we have heard how great qbs are, but until we see them in an actual game its nothing. Tua is an exception to the rule. There are more Perrilouxs, Jeremy Johnsons, and Blake Barnetts (then not now) than Tuas. If Kirby isnt using Fields with an average qb that is stinking it up against his best competition that tells you all you need to know. Personally I believe that Eason was better than both.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I think who ever wins the East UF UGA UK it will be great for them until SECCG. Then it gets dark as Bama and Tua destroy them and their season.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I do think Florida has overachieved this season simply because Mullen is a much better coach than Muschamp and McIlwain. As for UGA, overall the talent is as good or better than last year, the difference has been the lack of experience, the RBs are not near as good and Fromm is likely in a sophomore slump. I believe UGA wins out and is in the SECC game.
100% agree. I think that Georgia is the better team of UF and UK and them. UK did themselves a great favor by beating UF, but that should have happened last year, in reality. Florida is not all that sound at the point of attack, and they are not set up to get into an offensive showdown with anyone. Keys for UGA is to get a fast start. Don't let this get into the 4th quarter with only a 3 pointer separating them. UGA wins, FLORIDA is then OUT officially, and UGA will curb stomp Kentucky.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Similar "problems" are seen at other programs from time to time, when there is elite talent everywhere. Cardale Jones at your school comes to mind. Guy was lights out against Bama in 2014, or was it 15? But he had hella competition at the position there in Columbus, and that's why he wasn't a multi-year starter. This season for Bama, same deal. Jalen has more than proven himself, but has weaknesses, and Tua got the job.

Some problem to have. UGA has elite talent everywhere. They aren't a one year thing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.