If Florida wins this weekend what does that mean?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I hear you, but there is something wrong with UGA. LSU showed that. Fromm on third down is horrible and putting the freshman in there isn't the answer. Not saying UF will win, but I am not saying UGA will either. It's more of a toss up.
I saw that stat on SECNow, Fromm is around last in the SEC in third down qbr.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I do think much of the outcome will hinge on the QB position.

No doubt in my mind that Fromm is by far a much better QB than Franks on several levels. So conventional thinking would be that Georgia will win.

That said.....Georgia's second string QB Fields adds an interesting component and I'm curious how that will factor into things.

Some of the discussion I've heard relates to Fields being a better scrambler than Fromm - and that might be an advantage against Florida's defense.

======

As far as getting to Atlanta.....who is to say it wouldn't benefit Florida more to win out the rest of the season but Kentucky does too and they play and lose to Bama in Atlanta. Florida, with only 1 loss, might be in a better position to get into the CFP than losing to Bama in the SECCG. They would need some help but that's one scenario to ponder, as crazy as it sounds....

======

I think this will be a hard fought game on both sides and it will come down to which QB does what is needed the most for their side to win.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
IMO this will be the kind of low-scoring, scrappy game that will hinge almost entirely on turnovers.

I am more confident in Fromm's ball security than Franks, but the Gator QB has come a long way under Mullen.

Overall, I think this game will be up for grabs going into the 4th quarter. A turnover or big play on special teams will probably swing it.

To the OP, IF Florida wins, my first thoughts go to Kentucky and what that means for them. (Although I expect Mizzou to upset them this Saturday).

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
======

As far as getting to Atlanta.....who is to say it wouldn't benefit Florida more to win out the rest of the season but Kentucky does too and they play and lose to Bama in Atlanta. Florida, with only 1 loss, might be in a better position to get into the CFP than losing to Bama in the SECCG. They would need some help but that's one scenario to ponder, as crazy as it sounds....

======
I don't think it sounds crazy at all (crazier things have happened). If Florida wins this weekend, then things will get very interesting for down the stretch. The only thing I wonder about is Kentucky. They are definitely a very solid team but can they match up with UGA. That will be a fun game I think. The SEC east is definitely strong this year and I am glad for it. It has been a little boring in some of the matchups the past few years. Can't wait to see what shakes out from this three way race.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I don't think it sounds crazy at all (crazier things have happened). If Florida wins this weekend, then things will get very interesting for down the stretch. The only thing I wonder about is Kentucky. They are definitely a very solid team but can they match up with UGA. That will be a fun game I think. The SEC east is definitely strong this year and I am glad for it. It has been a little boring in some of the matchups the past few years. Can't wait to see what shakes out from this three way race.
IMO, UK will lose this weekend to Missouri before they ever get to UGA.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I agree!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Will Kirby resign if they lose? If not it means very little in the long run, just that his process will take another recruiting cycle. He’s winning at recruiting! BTW I agree with CJ, Georgia will win.
I just read that Kirby Smart recently offered Tua's brother a scholarship. Kirby trying to take Bama's recruits again... I hope Taulia stays committed to BAMA. I wonder if he can enroll early in January?

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
If Florida wins this weekend that means the "boo birds" in Georgia will be out in full force.
I THINK Georgia wins, but if Florida wins ( and it is already said earlier ) then it depends on the play of Kentucky's Defense. Everyone seems sure about Mizzou beating the Cats but...Kentucky is hanging in there. And I certainly believe that the Cats are way better than Memphis. We all know that. But .....THIS is why they play 'em. Roll Tide!!!

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I THINK Georgia wins, but if Florida wins ( and it is already said earlier ) then it depends on the play of Kentucky's Defense. Everyone seems sure about Mizzou beating the Cats but...Kentucky is hanging in there. And I certainly believe that the Cats are way better than Memphis. We all know that. But .....THIS is why they play 'em. Roll Tide!!!
I think Kentucky can beat EITHER UGA or Mizzou if they play above their heads. I can see no way they can get up that high for 2 games in a row.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Some folks are saying that LSU might be #2 in the first CFB Playoff rankings next week. However... if Florida beats Georgia then Florida should definitely be ranked ahead of LSU.

For the record... I think the Dawgs handle the Gators this weekend though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.