Les Miles hosts Mike Leach on his podcast...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
The above link doesn't actually have the latest podcasts. You can find the latest ones, though, on both Google podcasts and iTunes.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
“Les is More” is fantastic listening.
You can tell how much passion he still has for the Tigers and CFB in general. I forget which episode, but last year he discussed his firing a bit.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I thought les sat around drinking beer out of a hose! Leach would be dangerous about 1 year out of every 3 or 4. Track record I think is one 11 win season , then a couple of 7-8 win seasons

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Mike Leach would be a dangerous coach in the SEC. IMO.
Lol.

Well, I guess that depends upon how you define dangerous.

Leach is a fan of getting 16 teams in the CFP. One of the primary reasons, I believe, is that at least part of him knows that's the only way he'd ever have a chance to get a team into the playoff.

He's all but completely blind to at least half of the game of football.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Lol.

Leach is a fan of getting 16 teams in the CFP. One of the primary reasons, I believe, is that at least part of him knows that's the only way he'd ever have a chance to get a team into the playoff.

If he wins out, he might get in this year. It is a long shot and he would need a lot of help to do it, but his cougars could get in. It will be interesting to see the committee rankings.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
Mike Leach has won consistently with 2 and 3 star players. If he was at a big time school he most likely would win even more games. His offenses are exotic and pass happy but the defenses at WSU in recent years play tough, hard nosed football against teams with far more highly recruited talent. I could see Leach getting an upgraded job next year but if he stays then WSU might be a good place for Hurts since the pass first offense would give him a chance to show the League that he can pass as well as run.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Lol.

He's all but said as much in a recent interview about "being balanced". Granted, I don't agree with him about his reasoning or definition of "being balanced" on offense. He's lost his share of games because his potent passing offense went cold and he either couldn't run the ball or simply chose not to attempt to run the ball to eat up clock. Consequently giving the other offense more chances and more time to comeback and ultimately win. I can't tell you how many games I remember watching a Leach coached team go up by multiple TD's only to surrender the lead and the win by the end of the game because they couldn't eat up clock to ice the game.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.