Great Example of capitalism or blackmail?

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
[FONT=lucida_granderegular]This is a very scary situation and hopefully the courts will set a precedent. Someone could hire this company to basically protest/harass an enemy. If this is legal, what recourse would one have?

I guess you could always counter-hire the company to counter-harass the guy who sicced them on you in the first place.. BTW, I have never visited this website and know nothing about it. It could be a parody news site for all I know, so TIFWIW, I just thought it was interesting....

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-22/paid-protest-firm-crowds-demand-sued-23-million-extortion-plot

Paid Protest Firm "Crowds On Demand" Sued In $23 Million Extortion Plot[/h]
"Paid protesters are real," writes the Los Angeles Times, after a lawsuit filed by a Czech investor against a business rival spotlighted the seedy, and very real business of people hired to express fake outrage, support, and everything in between.
According to a lawsuit filed by investor Zdenek Bakala, Prague-based investment manager Pavol Krupa hired Beverly hills company Crowds on Demand (COD) to stage a protest near Bakala's home in Hilton Head, SC.

In the Bakala case, Crowds on Demand is accused of spreading misinformation through a website, putting on protests and organizing a phone and email campaign targeting several U.S. institutions with ties to Bakala, who got an MBA from Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business and had an estimated net worth topping $1 billion earlier this decade, according to Forbes. -LA Times

Crowds on Demand provides pop-up "protests, rallies, flash mobs, paparazzi events and other inventive PR stunts," according to its website.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Does anyone know how much someone can make from getting paid to protest? The reason I ask is because I've got a HS classmate of mine who he and his wife have basically become "political activists". They both used to have "regular jobs" but have since left them and committed their time to "full time activism". I've always wondered how they make a living? I now wonder if they get involved with companies like this one to get paid to protest?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.