Question: Does TideFans welcome dissenting opinions and fans of other SEC schools?

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
It’s sad at the absolute whining going on over at TD with this big Bama bias thread. I used to respect LSU for playing tough, hard nosed ball, but the fans over there have selective memories, and are wetting their pampers over clips of Bama games back to 2009.

If you can’t OUT MAN Bama, then take hardcore hits from past games and try to apply 2018 targeting rules to 3,4....9 year old game footage to try and prove a point. That’s what they have going on over there right now...”Cue up the crying baby sound track here”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It’s sad at the absolute whining going on over at TD with this big Bama bias thread. I used to respect LSU for playing tough, hard nosed ball, but the fans over there have selective memories, and are wetting their pampers over clips of Bama games back to 2009.

If you can’t OUT MAN Bama, then take hardcore hits from past games and try to apply 2018 targeting rules to 3,4....9 year old game footage to try and prove a point. That’s what they have going on over there right now...”Cue up the crying baby sound track here”

There are literally plays in every game that look questionable, I don’t get it. Plays that look dirty or like cheap shots. They love the play with Dial on Murray in the SECCG. that play I don’t understand the complaining because Murray was a defender running toward a ball carrier in that situation. I saw the Davis punching(love taps) play, but no one talks about the right cross the offensive lineman gave to Mack Wilson that caused Davis to react that way. Yeah, there was no targeting in the days of most of those plays

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
They kept saying how SEC Rant was better than TideFans.

It really isn’t a comparison. I don’t post or read there, but it is an open board that welcomes everyone. There are subforums for each school, but it is simple to cross post from the main board to the Bama or LSU board.

This is a Bama only board. Other fans are welcome, but it is clear to them they know they are secondary to Bama fans. And AuDub and others seem to accept that. If I joined a Tennessee board, I would certainly stay in my lane and mind my manners and know what to expect.

I think some have issues with the profanity ban. I cuss in my personal life, but I do like it is banned here. I think it makes the place a lot classier because of it.

I am a memeber in good standing on many boards, Texags, WeareSC, Huskerboard, ElevenWarriors, VolNation, the old Soonerfan, Defunct Shaggybevo and even Tiger Rant amongst others. I know when I am a visitor to be respectful and if anti Bama sentiment comes up , which it almost always does, just to let it roll off.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
The targeting rule was in effect for some of the plays they show. The thing is the implementation of the rule has evolved year to year and what gets called this season, might not have last season or the preceding seasons. The cherry picking by them seems more of a highlight reel to me, but to each his own. I’m sure if someone wanted to waste their time to scour all their game footage they could find equally questionable plays. My point is the Bama/7SU rivalry used to be about true, hard nosed football. Crap like that thread over there is just whining because we have beat them so many years at their own game and now they want to cry about it because they are lubing up for another beat down.

The noise used to be....”we’re gonna run y’all into the ground, stomp a mud hole in your butts and walk it dry”...

This year it’s...”look at these violent hits Bama does....that’s mean, and the refs let them get away with it, but won’t let us! That’s Not Fair!!!! Let’s go rent a billboard in Bham to show how unfair It is!!!! If we whine enough, we’ll get our way!!![emoji19]

Last edited:

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
In my two years of posting here, I’ve only had 2 issues, that I know of. One was minor in my first game thread and the other was this past summer as we were building up to the season and somehow we got on the topic of LSU Bama games and the bad/missed calls on both sides.

I’ve enjoyed my privileges here and even got to meet some regular posters at a Bama game this year.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
They kept saying how SEC Rant was better than TideFans.
If what you want out of a forum is "banter" then you really are better off nearly anywhere else. Banter becomes ignorant sparring, which is expressly against the rules here, and which makes this the best Alabama football forum for those of us who prefer it that way.

There are literally plays in every game that look questionable, I don’t get it. Plays that look dirty or like cheap shots. They love the play with Dial on Murray in the SECCG. that play I don’t understand the complaining because Murray was a defender running toward a ball carrier in that situation. I saw the Davis punching(love taps) play, but know one talks about the right cross the offensive lineman gave to Mack Wilson that caused Davis to react that way. Yeah, there was no targeting in the days of most of those plays

Can't ever let this one go without sharing.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Hi, this is my first post.
We have a topic going on tigerdroppings.com (AKA "The Rant") about TideFans. We aren't sure if dissenting opinions and fans of other SEC schools are welcome on TideFans. A guy said he was instantly banned after his first post, even though he was respectful.
Sometimes the arguing on the rant gets obnoxiously annoying, so I wanted to try visiting here. What's the banter like between schools on Tidefans?
Thanks in advance.
IMO:
Many rival fans are welcome until they start a bunch of crap. Over the years LSU fans seem to come on and then many abuse the privilege... Then they are no longer welcome. TideFans has posters who follow a lot of Universities, with never a complaint.
'This ain't Tigerdroppings'... So follow the 'TideFans' Rules. Our admin folks run a tight ship, and they don't stand for a lot of bickerin.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If what you want out of a forum is "banter" then you really are better off nearly anywhere else. Banter becomes ignorant sparring, which is expressly against the rules here, and which makes this the best Alabama football forum for those of us who prefer it that way.

Can't ever let this one go without sharing.
that is one of my favorite aaron murray moments. this is the other.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/950611710808854528

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/950611710808854528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E950611710808854528&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.saturdaydownsouth.com%2Falabama-football%2Fwatch-landon-collins-loses-mind-celebrating-field-alabamas-ot-victory%2F

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I watched the entire homer broadcast. When Tua threw the pick, Murray made a throat slash and kept saying it’s over, it’s over. Then this happened and he wouldn’t say a word , just took off the headset and walked away.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
That was a cheap shot whether it was called or not. As B1G said that is definitely targeting into today's game.
. I don’t think it was really cheap, the helmet to helmet would of been the thing to call, but the ball carrier was tackled about 5 yards from Murray after this block . It’s not like he was on the other side of the field, Murray was jogging toward the play. Plus, he saw it coming by the look on his face.
[/URL][/IMG]

If it happened to our QB, I wouldn’t like it, but it wouldn’t change the fact it was legal except the helmet to helmet.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The game has changed and is changing, but here's a tip. If you don't want to be part of the action, stay away from the action...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I watched the entire homer broadcast. When Tua threw the pick, Murray made a throat slash and kept saying it’s over, it’s over. Then this happened and he wouldn’t say a word , just took off the headset and walked away.
he can't help himself, he's a dawg thru and thru.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The game has changed and is changing, but here's a tip. If you don't want to be part of the action, stay away from the action...
One of the first things your learn playing football. If you're near the action, you better have your head on a swivel, or your are going to get "cleaned up" with the pile and wake up on the sideline with train whistles blowing in your head.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.