'Explosive devices' sent to Clinton, Obama, CNN, and other US officials

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Nope. Still don't agree, and it's still not a defensible position (see "Nuremburg/superior orders defense".)

Trump and his rhetoric.
Waters and her rhetoric.

Calling for the harassment, threats etc. is not excusable from our leadership. But.....

The onus falls on the individual. People willing to commit these types of acts, regardless of political affiliation, need to be dealt with harshly, if nothing else to set the example.

In the past year political figures have faced
-poisoning attempts (both real and fake)
-public threats on their lives
-assaults
-shootings
-harassment in public places
-bomb attempts (both real and fake.)

And this has been ACROSS party lines. This lunacy isn't isolated to one side. I think the identity of both parties has really taken a hit over the past 4-6 years. Trump becoming President was the final straw for many on both sides.

I'm not sure if this won't become a thing more and more the closer we get to elections.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Nope. Still don't agree, and it's still not a defensible position (see "Nuremburg/superior orders defense".)

Trump and his rhetoric.
Waters and her rhetoric.

Calling for the harassment, threats etc. is not excusable from our leadership. But.....

The onus falls on the individual. People willing to commit these types of acts, regardless of political affiliation, need to be dealt with harshly, if nothing else to set the example.

-assaults
-shootings

And this has been ACROSS party lines. This lunacy isn't isolated to one side. I think the identity of both parties has really taken a hit over the past 4-6 years. Trump becoming President was the final straw for many on both sides.

I'm not sure if this won't become a thing more and more the closer we get to elections.

I agree. It seems the fringe elements of both sides is becoming the new normal.

I know we’ve had extreme politics before (dueling with pistols and assassination attempts) but with social media and mainstream media, it seems to be getting more widespread. In addition to real fake news making genuine news less believable (who and/or what do we believe now?)

This kind of lunacy is pushing me further and further into 3rd party candidates regardless of my vote is “wasted.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Notice during his statement Trump never mentioned any of the targets by name. Nor did he say “CNN”.

He also mentioned the Justice Department, but did not thank Jeff Sessions or even “the attorney general’s office”. Not saying Sessions had a major role in this (I have no idea if he did or not), but it was telling he didn’t get at least a shoutout for being the man at the top of the investigation.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
From news reports. Living in his parents basement. Sounds about right for someone who probably posts places like /r/the_donald.
Bomb suspect Cesar Sayoc had been kicked out by his parents, so he has living in the van that we have seen in pictures today, according to a law enforcement official.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I heard he did steroids and was a bouncer at a male strip joint living out of his van!
I know plenty of male strip club bouncers who do steroids and are not Trump-inspired terrorists. This guy may have been quite vulnerable to manipulation, but let's not use that fact to excuse the manipulator.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Trump and his rhetoric.
Waters and her rhetoric.

-assaults
-shootings

Horse hockey. How many bombs have been mailed prior to these last two days?
Trump is responsible - this guy worshipped Trump, he was just doing what his Fuhrer wanted him to do.
Look up the word “incite”; then look at Trump’s comments on Twitter and at these rallies.
Your brain is beyond repair if you can’t connect that Trump is responsible for encouraging this lunatic. Go back and read the definition of “incite” until you understand what it means.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I know plenty of male strip club bouncers who do steroids and are not Trump-inspired terrorists. This guy may have been quite vulnerable to manipulation, but let's not use that fact to excuse the manipulator.
Why not? It’s all they’ve got.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
And they continue to equate public confrontation minus violence with mailing pipe bombs.
There is no hope.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Saw an interview with three trump supporters outside the Charlotte, NC rally venue. The reporter asked these three individuals if they thought trump's constant rhetoric blaming the media and the Dems incited Sayoc to send the bombs. All three brushed it off and said what trump has said had nothing to do with what Sayoc did. Moral of the story, as bad as it was and could have been, they are not abandoning their cult leader. SMH.

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Horse hockey. How many bombs have been mailed prior to these last two days?
Trump is responsible - this guy worshipped Trump, he was just doing what his Fuhrer wanted him to do.
Look up the word “incite”; them look at Trump’s comments on Twitter and at these rallies.
Your brain is beyond repair if you can’t connect that Trump is responsible for encouraging this lunatic. Go back and read the definition of “incite” until you understand what it means.

I apologize as my statement does read that people from both sides participated in each of those things. The list was meant as an example of things being done by both sides.

It should, to some extent be obvious. Why? Because last I heard there hadn't been any right wing nuts shooting up democratic softball events. But you see it listed there along with other examples.

Now, I get that your angry and think Trump is bad for saying mean things about people. But insulting someone who doesn't say things you like is very "Trumpish" of you, don't you think? Are you this upset with Maxine Waters?

And regarding incite? I.....don't...care. Are you an adult or a child that's online in this forum? I mean that seriously and not as an insult. Because it would make sense if you're a child and don't understand that personal responsibility is a thing. In fact, it's one of the single most important things that less and less people seem to understand.

It doesn't matter what someone else said. It doesn't excuse your behavior or actions.

And if I come off as a Trump supporter, then you've got me pegged wrong. But I do call out the problems I see on both sides. The ones that I see many willing to ignore if it was their side that did it.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Saw an interview with three trump supporters outside the Charlotte, NC rally venue. The reporter asked these three individuals if they thought trump's constant rhetoric blaming the media and the Dems incited Sayoc to send the bombs. All three brushed it off and said what trump has said had nothing to do with what Sayoc did. Moral of the story, as bad as it was and could have been, they are not abandoning their cult leader. SMH.
I wonder if they got pipe bombs in their mailboxes, would they change their minds? Probably not.
We are probably in the early stages of a civil war - too many ignorant people digging in and celebrating their ignorance. I don’t see anyway this gets averted; optimism disappears when reason fails. And Trumpers have either lost all sense of reason, or they never had any to begin with.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
And regarding incite? I.....don't...care. Are you an adult or a child that's online in this forum? I mean that seriously and not as an insult. Because it would make sense if you're a child and don't understand that personal responsibility is a thing. In fact, it's one of the single most important things that less and less people seem to understand.

It doesn't matter what someone else said. It doesn't excuse your behavior or actions.
If this dude listens to rock or rap music, that is surely where the blame lies.

I do call out the problems I see on both sides. The ones that I see many willing to ignore if it was their side that did it.
You can't recognize two piles of crap here. Only one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.