'Explosive devices' sent to Clinton, Obama, CNN, and other US officials

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Suspected explosive devices have been sent to top Democrats including Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, as well as CNN, US officials have said.

It comes two days after a pipe bomb was found at the home of liberal philanthropist and financier George Soros in the suburbs of New York City.
CNN's New York office was evacuated on Wednesday morning after a suspected bomb was sent to their mailroom.
President Donald Trump said that these threats "have no place in America".
Speaking at the White House, Mr Trump said that he has been briefed by the FBI and "a major federal investigation is now under way".
"The safety of the American people is my highest and absolute priority," he said.
"In these times we just have to unify. We need to come together and send one very clear unmistakable message that threats or acts of political violence of any kind have no place in America."
When asked about the pattern of these attempted attacks, during a news conference, New York Police Commissioner O'Neill said law enforcement is proactively contacting people to ensure other mail rooms "follow proper protocol".

The FBI in New York said they were aware of the suspected packages, and that their Joint Terrorism Task force is aiding in the investigation.
New York Mayor Bill de Blasio decried the attempted attacks as "an act of terror attempting to undermine our free press and leaders of this country".
"To all public officials, to all partisan affiliations - don't encourage violence, don't encourage hatred, don't encourage attacks on media you can disagree but you have to show respect."
LINK

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I hope this wretch is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent.

Between this and the congressional softball shooting, people are pretty much losing their minds.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Someone has a sick sense of humor. Put 'em under the jail and forget about 'em.

The pipe bomb and white powder that forced an evacuation at CNN headquarters in New York City Wednesday morning were harmless, a law enforcement source told the Associated Press.

The purported explosive device was similar in construction to those sent Wednesday to former President Barack Obama, former attorney general Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, Representative Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D., Fla.), and Representative Maxine Waters of California. A package containing white powder was delivered later in the day.

The NYPD said the explosive devices were live during a Wednesday afternoon press conference but subsequent reporting suggests they were not functional.

All of the devices carried a parody ISIS flag featuring comedian Larry the Cable Guy’s signature slogan, “git ‘er done,” NBC News reported late Wednesday.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Yup. That's why we're ok with rape. She was asking for it, look how she dressed.

That's why we're ok with pedophilia. If the parents didn't want their kids molested, they'd not leave them with others.

I usually try to respect the opinions of others, but if this is what you've got, that others are to blame and people aren't responsible for their actions, choosing to go through with shooting into crowds or building bombs with intent to kill, maim, destroy, then there's not really much of a conversation to be had here.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I hope this wretch is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent.

Between this and the congressional softball shooting, people are pretty much losing their minds.

Prosecuted? I hope they're perforated several times. There's no room in the world for this. There's no room in the world for this extreme nonsense we are doing to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
here is the actual ap article link

the ap article only says the white powder delivered with the pipe bomb was tested and shown to be harmless. a quick google search shows the exact bolded sentence - saying that according to the ap an anonymous official said the bomb and powder were harmless - on the national review, ar15, free republic, and the daily telegraph

7:50 p.m.

A law enforcement official says tests have determined that a powder found inside an envelope delivered to CNN along with a pipe bomb was harmless.

The official wasn’t authorized to discuss the investigation publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

New York City’s police commissioner said earlier Wednesday that the package sent to CNN’s offices in Manhattan contained a live explosive and an envelope containing white powder.

The FBI said the package was similar to explosives sent to former President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Eric Holder and billionaire George Soros.

The package sent to CNN was addressed to former CIA Director John Brennan, a frequent guest on the channel. The official says that parcel contained no note or claim of responsibility.

— Tom Hays

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
here is the actual ap article link

the ap article only says the white powder delivered with the pipe bomb was tested and shown to be harmless. a quick google search shows the exact bolded sentence - saying that according to the ap an anonymous official said the bomb and powder were harmless - on the national review, ar15, free republic, and the daily telegraph
Thanks....this is what I was wondering. So it appears the whack job who did this didn't really have the intention of inflicting physical damage...just the intimidation aspect.

I feel pretty confident the whack job will be apprehended soon.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Thanks....this is what I was wondering. So it appears the whack job who did this didn't really have the intention of inflicting physical damage...just the intimidation aspect.

I feel pretty confident the whack job will be apprehended soon.
we don't know. the ap article didn't say anything about whether or not the bombs themselves were "harmless" as the sentence provided above incorrectly attributes to the ap.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
we don't know. the ap article didn't say anything about whether or not the bombs themselves were "harmless" as the sentence provided above incorrectly attributes to the ap.
OK - I misunderstood. I guess they are still analyzing. I have a feeling they will find no explosive materials though, given what I have seen reported so far.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Even if fake, it's still a felony in many states. And it's still ridiculous and disgusting. It's the mail version of yelling fire in the theater.

I will revel in this person's misery when caught.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Even if fake, it's still a felony in many states. And it's still ridiculous and disgusting. It's the mail version of yelling fire in the theater.

I will revel in this person's misery when caught.

I hope he gets the sisters from Shawshank as cellmates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I don't have any personal experience in investigation but wondered why on the news tonight it was mentioned they are looking at South Florida as a possibility where the bombs came from.

If he knew they were zeroing in on him.....wouldn't this type of information be helpful for the perp?

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I would think every package would have some type of marking which would indicate the original location. With everything the Feds have at their disposal, this person should be found. I smell a rat!

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I would think every package would have some type of marking which would indicate the original location. With everything the Feds have at their disposal, this person should be found. I smell a rat!
That's just the smell of your brain sizzling on conservative conspiracy theories.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
That's just the smell of your brain sizzling on conservative conspiracy theories.
There's shipping services, packaging services, etc. I could buy a gift card on cash, use it to pay for usps shipping via a library computer or burner phone from a McDonald's parking lot using their Wi-Fi. Drop off the package at any mail box all having avoided cameras if smart. A little bit of effort is all it takes. But the moment it crossed the usps line at one point it got a stamp identifying the processing plant (just for stuff like this.) Not sure if they do that anymore.

I would like to see what the final thing in this is. So far all powders have been found not to be dangerous and the bombs have now been taken to being called "suspicious packages" by all the outlets.

Whether real or not, the punishment will hopefully still happen if/when caught. They caught the piece of crap that mailed Trump, Mattis, and the navy admiral actual ricin earlier this month. Hopefully they're successful again.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the bomb/suspicious package that was sent to clapper was found by a postal investigator at a postal sorting facility. the one for booker was found by the fbi at a postal sorting facility in florida.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.