We should start Jalen..........

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I would start Tua, and hope he can put up a bunch of points. LSU would be forced into being one dimensional. All they could do would be to try to pass. Our defense just might haul in a couple of their passes. The second half is the time for Jalen. Eat up the clock. Get a couple of three and outs on them, and continue to control the clock... it's pretty much over. In the immortal words of Coach Saban... 'Make their ... quit'.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
This would shock LSU. Let him play a while and keep it close. Then put Tua in, and shut up all the talking heads about can he finish a game. Let Tua come in and put up 35 in second half. Just to mix things up and keep LSU on their toes. Time to ground and pound first half and show we can still beat teams running. Then open up the pass 2nd half to show we can do what we want when we want. I read an article in readers digest once about to great chess champs who always ended matches in a draw. Then some chess guy told one of the champs, sometimes you have to sacrifice the queen at the start. No champ would know how to respond to such a bold move. Lets be bold and do the opposite, run em tired first half and then eat em alive passing second half. Just the opposite of what we have been doing. I can hear the talk now if we did this and still won by 30.
How about putting Butch Jones in as HC for the 1st qtr then pull him out and insert CNS when we get down 20 points, that would blow every ones mind. LOL

Last edited:

Chechem

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2018
Deep South
Start Jalen?? Not only no, but ABSOLUTELY NO.

Hope we score every time we get the ball. I want to see the aisles full of retreating Cajuns by halftime, just like Tennessee.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
OKAY OKAY, but it would be funny to start Jalen and still bury them. Really we have owned LSU almost as much as UT. WE have great record in Baton Rouge. I know Tua will start, but it would be funny to start Jalen and still run all over them. Hey send this post to LSU boards and see if it gets them planning different LOL. Have a great off weekend and get ready to watch some cajuns get killed in a little over a week. ROLL TIDE.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
capnfrog said:
Today 04:52 AM

“SHow about putting Butch Jones in as HC for the 1st qtr then pull him out and insert CNS when we get down 20 points, that would blow every ones mind. LOL​“

Lol 😂😂😂

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
This would shock LSU. Let him play a while and keep it close. Then put Tua in, and shut up all the talking heads about can he finish a game. Let Tua come in and put up 35 in second half. Just to mix things up and keep LSU on their toes. Time to ground and pound first half and show we can still beat teams running. Then open up the pass 2nd half to show we can do what we want when we want. I read an article in readers digest once about to great chess champs who always ended matches in a draw. Then some chess guy told one of the champs, sometimes you have to sacrifice the queen at the start. No champ would know how to respond to such a bold move. Lets be bold and do the opposite, run em tired first half and then eat em alive passing second half. Just the opposite of what we have been doing. I can hear the talk now if we did this and still won by 30.
This would have been great if you had used blue font :-D :-D :-D

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
We should start Layne Hatcher at QB. Tua, Jay barker's kid, and Mac at the wideout positions. Jalen at runningback. Then Punt it. They will never see it coming.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm a big supporter of Jalen, but one thing I have not wavered on since halftime of the championship game. Tua is the guy, he should start, that's that. Hurts might not even be 100%, if he plays it's because he has to or it's a blowout.

I think Alabama could probably beat LSU with Jalen, they've done it twice before. But let's not find out...

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
capnfrog said:
Today 04:52 AM

“SHow about putting Butch Jones in as HC for the 1st qtr then pull him out and insert CNS when we get down 20 points, that would blow every ones mind. LOL​“

Lol 
Even butch could hang with LSU with this team, so you may want to rethink that comment. Sorry folks but you really underestimate this entire team. For one game the special teams coach could win against LSU. And to think Jalen would fall behind is assuming no one else on this team can play unless Tua is out there If I am not mistaken Jalen only lost 2 games as starter and never to LSU. Sorry but the laughs and jests seem pretty bad for Bama fans, I mean do you really think we drop that far as to lose with Jalen. Would we win by 30 plus no but we can win with jalen and have 26 out of 28 times. 1 IB loss and one Championship loss. Really think we drop that far with jalen over Tua for one lousy half? Shame on you all.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Even butch could hang with LSU with this team, so you may want to rethink that comment. Sorry folks but you really underestimate this entire team. For one game the special teams coach could win against LSU. And to think Jalen would fall behind is assuming no one else on this team can play unless Tua is out there If I am not mistaken Jalen only lost 2 games as starter and never to LSU. Sorry but the laughs and jests seem pretty bad for Bama fans, I mean do you really think we drop that far as to lose with Jalen. Would we win by 30 plus no but we can win with jalen and have 26 out of 28 times. 1 IB loss and one Championship loss. Really think we drop that far with jalen over Tua for one lousy half? Shame on you all.
Most of all this is we just messing with you man. But in all honesty, while I think we are handedly much better than LSU, they are a dangerous team (especially when you factor in it will be played at their stadium at night with 100000 crazy cajuns and lots of witchcraft juju going on. You want to squash them with your VERY best right off the bat. Taken their will out of the game.

I have all the confidence in Jalen Hurt but I don't want to put this game on his shoulders unless I have to. Why take the chance. If you have two guns (say a 12 gauge shotgun and a 9mm pistol) you love but you are going into a pit with a deadly viper somewhere in the mist and you can only carry one, which do you take to get through the pit?

BTW, this thread is just comedic gold LOL.....

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
My entire post was to START jalen to freak them out, not play him the entire game. Just something to SHOCK them, and who knows for a few series he may jump on them. Then of course put in Tua to rip out their hearts. But imagine the looks on their faces if Jalen rolled out first series, I mean he is no slouch he is 26 of 28 with 2 losses to top teams. I by no means ever said bench Tua just START Jalen to shake em up and make them wonder. ED O is pretty good coach butI bet even he would freak out a bit. never hurts to mix it up.Personally I would love to see Hurts in the game as RB or wide out or slot guy with tua. I mean as a RB a toss to Jalen is still a possible pass......... oh the options it would give us. Not every play but 1-15 plays would be cool to have 2 QB's on the field. Just a few more things for their D to worry about. Imagine a toss to Jalen from Tua and then Jalen passes back to Tua behind the line then Tua drops a bomb to Juedy hehehehehehheehhehehe no one could defend that. Most cannot stop just Tua.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
My entire post was to START jalen to freak them out, not play him the entire game. Just something to SHOCK them, and who knows for a few series he may jump on them. Then of course put in Tua to rip out their hearts. But imagine the looks on their faces if Jalen rolled out first series, I mean he is no slouch he is 26 of 28 with 2 losses to top teams. I by no means ever said bench Tua just START Jalen to shake em up and make them wonder. ED O is pretty good coach butI bet even he would freak out a bit. never hurts to mix it up.Personally I would love to see Hurts in the game as RB or wide out or slot guy with tua. I mean as a RB a toss to Jalen is still a possible pass......... oh the options it would give us. Not every play but 1-15 plays would be cool to have 2 QB's on the field. Just a few more things for their D to worry about. Imagine a toss to Jalen from Tua and then Jalen passes back to Tua behind the line then Tua drops a bomb to Juedy hehehehehehheehhehehe no one could defend that. Most cannot stop just Tua.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
You telling anyone to rethink their comments seems a bit ironic, if healthy we might see some more trick plays that involve Tua and Jalen but no way we should be taking Tua off the field. I really think he’ll put up 50 against LSU with a full game, any shot Jalen does that?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.