Nolan Smith (UGA commit) - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Nolan Smith (UGA commit)

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    I think Kirby, Dabo, and Jimbo are leading the charge on this. Using recruits. We’ll see Dec 19th.
    Can’t beat him any other way...... Bama should return the favor. I have
    long wondered about this....... I guess there is no way to know if they are doing it, but if they do Bama should counter....... any of you recruiting gurus know about this?
    Last edited by Keeter; December 2nd, 2018 at 02:26 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Can’t beat him any other way...... Bama should return the favor. I have
    long wondered about this....... I guess there is no way to know if they are doing it, but if they do Bama should counter....... any of you recruiting gurus know about this?

CNS does not negative recruit, nor does he allow his assistants to do so. Double agent is twice as bad as negative recruiting.

No, CNS does not operate this way. Besides, how many times does that back-fire on you anyways? If my coach (the one that I committed to) were condoning/encouraging that behavior, I might have second thoughts about going to that school...

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    I think Kirby, Dabo, and Jimbo are leading the charge on this. Using recruits. We’ll see Dec 19th.
    This was discussed last year. Certainly think all three, and especially Kirby, are more than willing to play that game. We`ll see if there are any Dec. 19th flips to UGA. If we do, that`ll pretty much confirm it IMO. For some reason, there`s not much I think Smart wouldn`t do.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    This was discussed last year. Certainly think all three, and especially Kirby, are more than willing to play that game. We`ll see if there are any Dec. 19th flips to UGA. If we do, that`ll pretty much confirm it IMO. For some reason, there`s not much I think Smart wouldn`t do.
    The way he talked at the press conference after the game confirmed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    CNS does not negative recruit, nor does he allow his assistants to do so. Double agent is twice as bad as negative recruiting.

No, CNS does not operate this way. Besides, how many times does that back-fire on you anyways? If my coach (the one that I committed to) were condoning/encouraging that behavior, I might have second thoughts about going to that school...
    I'm sure he wont do that...............but I would hope ( and I am sure he does) watch the recruits and monitor to see what kind of garbage that others are spewing and counter it. Kirby is dirty, and I wouldn't doubt he would stop at nothing to hinder Bama...............its the only way he can beat them. I have no respect for him

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I lost all respect for him with his “they sure don’t want to play us again” comment.
    I hate sore losers. Just shows a total lack of class.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post

You and I might react this way, but we`re not 18 or 19 year old kids caught up in the glamour and intrigue that can accompany big time recruiting . Marry that up with a slick talking snake oil salesman of a coach and maybe a not so good upbringing in some cases, doesn`t surprise me at all that some kids might join into it.

BamaNation All-SEC

After a while, recruits realize playing for second place is nothing to write home about.

As for as prospects recruiting for Georgia, that’s a known strategy that they have talked about on sports radio here in Atlanta. First thing that came to mind when all their 5 star recruits decommitted from UGA. Secret Agents. I have a feeling that Smith may surprise some with where he signs.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    I lost all respect for him with his “they sure don’t want to play us again” comment.
    I hate sore losers. Just shows a total lack of class.

Lol, their best game couldn't measure up to Bama's worst. Bama is not likely to miss open receivers and drop routine passes that could score. UGA deserves credit for playing great (best game) but Bama would likely bring it's "A" game next time. Sure, they'd like another chance but they wouldn't be happy after it either.
    Kids that help coaches with unethical recruiting are not ideal teammates.
    ROLL TIDE

BamaNation All-American

I'm sure our committed kids talk to other kids that are non-committed, no problem with that at all. There's a world of difference between that and being a part of an orchestrated plan to deceive another school through a false commitment. A kid can honestly change his mind, too, and I have no problem with that either but there's no overt intent to harm in that case.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Could be....... I have often wondered if there arent some out there playing double agent to lure commits away.......who knows
    I've wondered the same and believe it happens to us when we invite kids we know are committed elsewhere and they come with their buddies for an unofficial. For example, OP came to Georgia and we know he's not committing to Georgia. Personally, I think Smith is trolling and I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I've wondered the same and believe it happens to us when we invite kids we know are committed elsewhere and they come with their buddies for an unofficial. For example, OP came to Georgia and we know he's not committing to Georgia. Personally, I think Smith is trolling and I don't like it.
    I don't think anyone really likes it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis