USA Today Columnist Ridicules The Bama Conspiracy Theories

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They've totally departed the realm of reality on TD. There's a long conspiracy thread in which they complain that every game involving Bama is fixed but they go on to complain that games played by other teams in other conferences are also fixed to benefit Bama. It's insane...

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
They've totally departed the realm of reality on TD. There's a long conspiracy thread in which they complain that every game involving Bama is fixed but they go on to complain that games played by other teams in other conferences are also fixed to benefit Bama. It's insane...
We are definitely living rent free inside their heads.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Mob mentality. A group feels slighted. It starts with talk, then the anger builds. The most insane guy in the group throws a rock, breaks a window. Someone else feels emboldened and sets a car on fire. The next thing you know, the city is ablaze. Maybe that is what they hope for, but so far the only thing that they have managed to set on fire is their own house.

LSU thinks that their outrage is righteous. They are willing to behave like this because they embolden one another. When this fire dies down and Alabama has won once again, they will have to live in the mess that they have made for themselves. The entire football world is laughing at them right now. The only way out is victory, and this is not the road to victory.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Mob mentality. A group feels slighted. It starts with talk, then the anger builds. The most insane guy in the group throws a rock, breaks a window. Someone else feels emboldened and sets a car on fire. The next thing you know, the city is ablaze. Maybe that is what they hope for, but so far the only thing that they have managed to set on fire is their own house.

LSU thinks that their outrage is righteous. They are willing to behave like this because they embolden one another. When this fire dies down and Alabama has won once again, they will have to live in the mess that they have made for themselves. The entire football world is laughing at them right now. The only way out is victory, and this is not the road to victory.
Nailed it. And it doesn't help that Carville (one of the best button pushes there is ) is stirring the pot.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Pretty close. Eventually, their emotions can only be satisfied by the craziest guy in the bunch. By the time the thread matured, Bama was entitled to no credit whatsoever. All of our success is from cheating by buying players and a corrupt SEC paving the way for all of our wins. I swear, there's not a triple digit IQ in the whole bunch or they couldn't believe in these impossibilities...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The way Carville and the other corndog faithful is acting you would think LSWho is going to have to play with 10 guys on defense in the first half or play a 5'6" 140 lb walk-on. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They did dominate them. Totally and completely. It reminded me of the way that Alabama dominated LSU in the 2011 BCSCG.
I respect and agree with so much of what you say, but I can't do that here.

MSU had more yards than LSU, 260-239, only 59 of them through the air.
LSU had 17 first downs, MSU 15.
TOP was nearly even (LSU had the ball for 31:46, and 41 seconds of that was the final kneel snap)
MSU had nearly twice the rushing yards of LSU (201-110)
Both teams had five penalties for nearly the same yardage.

The entire difference in the game was 4 INT thrown by Fitzgerald.

The only similar stat for LSU is that Jefferson threw for 53 yards.
LSU had only five first downs in that BCS title game and 92 total yards.

You're correct in the sense the game was never close or even as close as the rickety score, but the fact is that LSU was not as good against MSU as Kentucky was.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I respect and agree with so much of what you say, but I can't do that here.

MSU had more yards than LSU, 260-239, only 59 of them through the air.
LSU had 17 first downs, MSU 15.
TOP was nearly even (LSU had the ball for 31:46, and 41 seconds of that was the final kneel snap)
MSU had nearly twice the rushing yards of LSU (201-110)
Both teams had five penalties for nearly the same yardage.

The entire difference in the game was 4 INT thrown by Fitzgerald.

The only similar stat for LSU is that Jefferson threw for 53 yards.
LSU had only five first downs in that BCS title game and 92 total yards.

You're correct in the sense the game was never close or even as close as the rickety score, but the fact is that LSU was not as good against MSU as Kentucky was.
They totally dominated them. Watch the game. MSU never had a chance in that game. TOTAL domination.

ETA - I am not saying that this makes LSU great. They were just a perfect match-up in this game.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

LSU is worse than Auburn ever dreamed of being.

Let's be honest. What was the deal with Auburn? Auburn persuaded themselves that they're "almost Alabama" and that the ONLY difference between the two schools is a former coach named Bryant. If it wasn't for him, they'd be a big deal and we wouldn't be as big a deal. So they got their mental jollies by attacking us in every way possible to justify their distaste. Bryant paid players, national championships were popularity contests, the NCAA was afraid of Bryant, the refs rigged the outcomes, blah blah blah. The only thing they were sort of right about is that pedigree played a difference in who won the title back in the 60s and 70s, and we do a disservice to the truth to pretend otherwise. (Folks, the only time Bo Derek was ever a "1" was when they took the census count). Auburn fans rationalized our success as purchased and the result of something other than demonstrated superiority on the field over a long period of time. (People don't seem to realize that when you do this, it necessarily dilutes the respect even you have towards your own success).

And then Auburn made their biggest mistake ever when they won the 2010 title. Then they woke up the next morning as I've said so many times...and realized they were STILL #2 in the state and always would be. Now....I know MANY fine Auburn fans. It saddens me that this can't be like the old TSIO rivalry pre-Fulmer. It really does. But once the radical Auburn fan convinced himself that Eric Ramsey's taped allegations were actually the product of a Birmingham based conspiracy and some radical ones did things like tamper with the mail sent from Ingram to the NCAA or pay Gene Jelks to make allegations - any sense of respect rivalry was gone. (It's not just them - even we have a tree killer who isn't worthy of the name). But most Auburn fans became more accepting of what's going on right now.

LSU fans, by contrast, are dealing with a psychological crisis that seems to have infected 95% of the fan base (I exclude folks like LSU2Bama Dad, who I met and is a great fella). They think to themselves that if only Saban had stayed in Baton Rouge, it could be LSU that is the name everyone fears. They could have a litany of national titles and folks chanting, "We Want LSU" - they think - if things had worked out differently, and it drives them absolutely insane.

Never mind that Saban didn't "lie" and leave LSU for Alabama.
Never mind that Saban lost to Franchione, 31-0.
Never mind that Les Miles was a first-class model coach, a helluva recruiter, and a great motivator (he just wasn't much for important details like time management)
Never mind that when we hired Saban their boards were full of "Saban always had that one game every year he failed to prepare for" blah blah

They are absolutely convinced their rightful legacy as the greatest team ever was "stolen" by Alabama. They have persuaded themselves - much as a cult is wont to do - of their own goodness and everyone else's evil.

Right before my divorce, my ex's half-sister was about to get married to a nice enough fella from Baton Rouge who was lifelong LSU fan. I met him the Xmas before we played them in the 2012 BCSNCG. He started as calm and rational, saying Saban was without a doubt the best coach in the college game (remember - we'd only won the 09 title at that point). Then he lathered himself into a near rage - keeping some control - with accusations that Saban was a cheater who had bought all of his players even at LSU, that he was a Joey Freshwater on the prowl with multiple women (I realize I'm being anachronistic here, but you know exactly what I'm saying), that he "had" to leave LSU because of his off-the-field behavior, that one of his friends was one of Saban's lovers, that LSU shouldn't have to play Alabama a second time because they'd already proven who the better team was.

It was almost like one of those church testimonials where the former sinner turned saint gets up and starts with soft sobbing and works his way into a "rage against the devil" diatribe. I sat and listened and ended it with, "Well, we'll see."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They totally dominated them. Watch the game. MSU never had a chance in that game. TOTAL domination.

ETA - I am not saying that this makes LSU great. They were just a perfect match-up in this game.
No, I get what you're saying, and I saw the game. You're correct they dominated them.

Maybe I'm being too pedantic.

But I'm just not sold that MSU is all that good anyway. Maybe that's my point. LSU did dominate them, but MSU isn't exactly a stellar offense, so it's hard to tell who is really that good.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
No, I get what you're saying, and I saw the game. You're correct they dominated them.

Maybe I'm being too pedantic.

But I'm just not sold that MSU is all that good anyway. Maybe that's my point. LSU did dominate them, but MSU isn't exactly a stellar offense, so it's hard to tell who is really that good.
There is another one of those highbrow posts, using words like pedantic. Other boards will have to look it up.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
The only way they don't talk conspiracy before, during and after the game is if they slip up and win...
When you consider that the commentators normally sound like our opponents need their moral support...I would expect exactly that. I think that will happen also. Yep. Here is to hoping our Defense eats 'em alive. I know our Offense is up to the challenge. Just hope the refs aren't intimidated by the embarrassing fan antics.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
My take on all the conspiracies is this. It starts and ends with Nick Saban. He is the head of this monster conspiracy. He has conspired to get the best players and coaches, and then make a great plan. Nick and all the assistants are conspiring all week on how to rip LSU limb from limb. Maybe if these idiots took off the foil hats and put on helmets and practiced hard, recruited better, maybe they could beat us. Funny how only losers come up with all this bull hockey. Real teams just face reality, we are the superior team. It is not magic, it is talented players and coaches working harder than anyone else. Not that big a mystery if you look at it with any objectivity.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.